Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS READ CAREFULLY

+4
Admin
Aftab
ahmed
shakil
8 posters

Go down

ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS READ CAREFULLY Empty ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS READ CAREFULLY

Post by shakil Mon 10 Mar 2008 - 8:21

Guys what i don't understand is that why do we take mick out of STTA, AFTAB you are a clever bloke and i am 80 percent certain that you are a member and these people are talking badly about STTA which is no good if you thought STTA where no good why did you become a member, common senses says that either you got too much money to waste or you are an educated fool. Another article i read Goones want free food AFTAB you are a member so are you a goon, do you attend annual meeting for free food. How can you say STTA are favouring certain people they are there to help all member. i was reading an article where a member says they are looking after station badge holders, i don't think that true. STTA is not there to look after all drivers but members, Aftab knows better when he was a chairperson of STTA people only talk and like undermining others Aftab being honest from your time to know, look how well there relationships have built with council and also how much more this young commitee is doing, if you guys on this forum think you can do better become vouluntrys. Also lads remember what you right down on the forum because we got the general public viewing this to and don't let them have the last laugh on us because of over personal views, discuss things but don't write personnal views and how much paisa tum nai kamayah.

regrads

shakil

shakil

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS READ CAREFULLY Empty Re: ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS READ CAREFULLY

Post by ahmed Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 15:05

shakil wrote:Guys what i don't understand is that why do we take mick out of STTA, AFTAB you are a clever bloke and i am 80 percent certain that you are a member and these people are talking badly about STTA which is no good if you thought STTA where no good why did you become a member, common senses says that either you got too much money to waste or you are an educated fool. Another article i read Goones want free food AFTAB you are a member so are you a goon, do you attend annual meeting for free food. How can you say STTA are favouring certain people they are there to help all member. i was reading an article where a member says they are looking after station badge holders, i don't think that true. STTA is not there to look after all drivers but members, Aftab knows better when he was a chairperson of STTA people only talk and like undermining others Aftab being honest from your time to know, look how well there relationships have built with council and also how much more this young commitee is doing, if you guys on this forum think you can do better become vouluntrys. Also lads remember what you right down on the forum because we got the general public viewing this to and don't let them have the last laugh on us because of over personal views, discuss things but don't write personnal views and how much paisa tum nai kamayah.

regrads

shakil
Naaah! Aftab couldn't have said that,.........errrrr could he????'affraid' can you provide a link please where he said that, I'd love to read it if you don't mind.

I might be target of your criticism here, and I have sympathy with your cause but believe me it's a worthless cause you are fighting. How can you come on here, call Aftab an educated fool and in the next breath ask us not to post anything that might offend the STTA? that is a bit cheeky isn't it?
I am not a member of the clown organisation and never expect to be, but what exactly has this setup done that is worthy of praise?
We don't have any posts from you and when we do get the pleasure of a visit it's only to congratulate the station taxi organisation for another made up story, would you care to share with us the reason why you have a special hang up on this group of self serving loosers?

ahmed

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS READ CAREFULLY Empty Re: ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS READ CAREFULLY

Post by Aftab Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 16:06

What a civilised post? As for peronal insults one can sayb it's against the forum rules.
I would point you to this post I made about the STTA
Aftab wrote:At the end of the working day a meeting was held at PMC organised by the STTA to discuss response to the council's proposal on limitation policy. A report into taxi demand was at hand from Hafeas that has long been awaited by all of the trade. The decisions taken were:
1 Ask for total limitation with three yealy review, and each time after a demand survey.
2 No to £5 as a minimum fare, but an agreed structured fare increase based on inflation etc.
3 Other points such as driver training proposals and everybody required to have a radio were left for later till the Licensing officials can be presaent to explain the proposals further.
I asked for reason why Hafeas was reluctant to join us here only top be met with barage of abuse towards the forum and most of the forummers. I politely told Mr Hafeas the it was unfotunate he found this forum in any way threarening and it has never been my intention for it be so for the STTA, and left it at that.
Would accept that there was clearly an attemt made to help the STTA by inviting them to take control of this forum and we could all discuss topics together? We could have worked together and that would have brought more people in as volunteers. It was rejected in favour of keeping control. What control and, why? In an association we are all associates and equals and although you are welcome to call for co operation but please don't call for subervience, that will not happen. 
If we are to improve the lot of the taxi trade then we have to face up to difficult questions rather than hide from them. I have posted encouragement for drivers to join the STTA but we will not censor information if people disagree with STTA policy, simply because this is a free debate forum. The only rule we have is to be civil to other members all the time and that rule my friend YOU have already broken. Wheather I am a goon or not is not for me to decide but I respect your right to hold whatever view you like.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 11 Mar 2008 - 16:14

I turn around for a minute and look at what you get up to!!!
As a rule we have discouraged mention of stta but you have brought the subject up and ask us not to discuss it that is strange. I was hoping Shakil that stta would take over and I will not have to waste my time on here but as Aftab bro' has pointed out they indicated willingness to setup another website rather than make use of this one. You might well pose the question to the committee and let us know if there is a way forward because what you have posted is inflamatory and potentially divisive, and we can do without that thanks.
I have been very clear with rules not to insult anyone and even deleted a founder member's post to uphold those rules. We are not a rival to, and never sought to undermine the trade organisation, and your insinuation to that effect is misplaced.
Now i'll go back to sleep Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Wed 12 Mar 2008 - 2:28

A few questions for you Mr Shakil, if you would be kind enough to answer them please:
1 How many plates were actually issued and what was the information put out recently as to what stta has managed to achieve? And did it turn out to be factually correct?   (NO!)
2 Are the numbers that are allowed to ply for hire at the station unfairly limited to keep majority of Sheffield taxi drivers out or not? If it is then has the stta approached the station management to correct that situation. Please supply a single letter written by any of the committee to address this situation so far. I can supply written confirmation from the station management that they have had an agreement with stta to limit the numbers on the station.
3 The running of a trade organisation is not about making personal friendships with people in authority sir but 
representing the members interests first above your own. Why is it then that a message board like this is percieved as 
a threat, and what have we as a group done that you feel we have undermined the stta? 
The goon statement that you mention, please give the link to where it was written that goons went for free food, because everything has to be in context and I have never written that, even as an implication. I did however write somewhere that one of the goons sneered at me that,"if we want any information we will get it from our own website."That was when Mr Hafeas refused point blank to co operate with this forum when it was offered to the stta. Instead he said this forum is all b*** s**t etc. I ask you did Hafeas consult with the committee and the membership before taking a personal dislike to us on here?
You have made a personal insult sir and yet have the audacity to accuse me of insulting, who did I insult personally?
 Do I not have the right to question WHY we are such a threat to OUR stta?
Instead they try and make a website and something I was hoping to see on line in January hasn't yet appeared so far in March.
Can you explain why information is hidden from te members. If info is given then why donesn't anyone outside of station get to hear it till weeks later? These are legitemate questions that need to be answered not the questions silenced.
I don't know you Shakil from Adam and for an agressive post like that is not at all welcome. For the sake of free speech I will not remove your insulting post but give it the pride of place equal to every other member on here, which you of course you won't get with the stta.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 2:37

WARNING!
This conversation can be continued away from this board please if you lads don't mind. Any more posts on the subject will be deleted. As a forum we will not be dragged into a slanging match.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 10:15

Come on lads you lot can sit down (Mangla) together and sort this out in a civil manner and if this message board can help in any way then what's wrong with that. We can be invited along for a curry if you want Laughing

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by sheffph Thu 13 Mar 2008 - 17:25

I'm all for a curry meeting when is it then? Laughing
We've got to get our act together and work together so that things like what hit the papers today don't get a chance to happen. At the end of the day it's all about serving the public and if we do it well then our job is safe and if we don't then we're all fecked. So get all the scum out o' trade.

sheffph

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Sat 15 Mar 2008 - 13:13

One key difference gents between us on here and the STTA is that we have no hangups on power and secrecy. We don't claim to represent anybody but ourselves, but share information with everybody who might benefit. These guys charge money at top meter rate, and they come back and big themselves up by exagerating their successes. We are seen as undermining them for pointing out the reality. Keep up the god work lads and don't let underhanded pressure curtail debate.

ahmed

Back to top Go down

Post by shakil Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 8:36

aftab when you were chairman how many meetings did you attend? NONE because paul attended them for you he told me?

what did you do for STTA please tell me? did you achieve anything ?

shakil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 16:23

shakil wrote:aftab when you were chairman how many meetings did you attend? NONE because paul attended them for you he told me?

what did you do for STTA please tell me? did you achieve anything ?
No sir, Paul attended them for the STTA not for me. Some people love credit given to them, but I have no such desire, but only to help in any small way. I was only one member of the committee, all be it the Chair, but irrellevant though today isn't it?
Yes ofcourse you are absolutely freeto say I didn't attend any meetings and never achieved anything at all, and remember neither did I lie about my achievements to cellebrate false successes. Thank you for taking time out to ask Paul about me and IF Paul did say that then I am disappointed but am mature enough to live with that, and expect he has his reasons, as you have yours.
I'll let you into another secret, my work was then and is even today still is (for the trade) absolutely free and no intention to line my pockets with members money. I have at every opportunity invited all drivers to come on here and share info without hangups on power, 
because there is no power over people on here we are all equals.
I hope you realise that we are taxi drivers and not some sort of Mafia, and as group of taxi drivers there is limit on what we can be expected to achieve. . All I am now and always have 
been is a taxi driver and only a member of this message board just like yourself and if that is a threat for you and your friends then that is unfortunate. Can you please tell us what the problem is and what is troubling your mind, why can't you bring yourself to help all the trade????And how are we undermining the STTA?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zee Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 16:32

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing A very nice and honest answer. Very Happy Very Happy

Zee

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 17:43

Well said Zee, I agree, does make you think tho' why is this comedian trying to bad mouth Aftab? Has he posted anything other than brown nose the stta? Deleat his account Admin this guy is a troublemaker, besides what happened to your warning of deleting all posts on the subject above?

ahmed

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 18 Mar 2008 - 19:20

I don't wish to spoil a good thread Ahmed Laughing
When anyone lowers themselves to insult others then the argument is already lost in my oppinion. Our forum rules forbid targetting any member personally because that is what personal message (pm)button is for. I have been asked on this occasion not to remove the offending posts but any further bickering will not be tollerated. If you wish to discuss issues and conditions then that is what we are here for but we are not a soapbox for any outside organisation.
Regards
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 2:21

Now this is getting interesting Smile I haven't been able to post anything for a while but didn't expect this amount of hostlity from brother Shakil. Very good Mr Aftab for not taking the bait, well done.
I have a had a look at the official website of the organisation and there is no news of the meeting that was supposed to have been held on Monday and nothing on here either. Anybody who went please tell us what happened, as I couldn't go. Can we expect to have an interactive site where we as driver members can ask questions and get answers on there please Mr Shakil, if you are speaking for the stta? Because just putting members only on an open web site isn't good enough, anybody can just read, what good is that and how is it members only?

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 2:39

Mr Shakil I point you to this quote in the "what a let down" topic, posted on DEcember 13th, 2007, and this to me doesn't sound like undermining the stta, infact you're looking very foolish for stirring the subject on here, and making stta look like control freaks.
Aftab wrote:It would be unfortunate if as a moderator I have to delet a post which I may agree with. Please Ahmed keep the language clean so that we don't have to take any silly actions. There are some good capable people in the STTA and I think fairawy's post was directed at me anyway, so I want to make clear that I support the Association as a representitive body for our trade. As for doing the job myself, that I have done sir, been there and done my bit, and it is a difficult job. I was on the committee for a few years and chaired the Association for a little while in early 90s. The circumstances were very different then and needed simpler solutions, but times have changed now and we need to adapt to the changing world. We can do that better by working together rather than as Hafeas is trying to do with his secret society approach. If I criticise the STTA, it's from a caring perspective than wanting to do it harm. It's not just the ellected body who should do everything for the trade but it's a responsibility of each and every one of us to help improve things, and that is why I say we are on the same side.
I said interesting in the above posts, so Mr Shakil we all would like some answers to questions about stta that Aftab asked earlier please, or is attack your form of defence?

stf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 18:40

Thanks stf for kind support but maybe we should wait for an answer to questions already posed. I don't doubt that Mr Shakil will do some research and get back to us.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony Fri 21 Mar 2008 - 4:45

The taxi trade needs an organisation that at the very least is represented by competent people who have vision and an understanding of how the law affects the trade, and so far it’s apparent you people have not had that. For a professional representation it costs money and that you lads don’t want to part with so in my opinion you can’t have it both ways. There is a saying about paying peanuts and getting monkeys and so on.

The dialogue with the council can be achieved by any organized body and the stta is small fry compared to the larger national unions with some real clout, so why don’t you lads dig deep and join up to TGWU or similar and get some proper representation rather than be caught up in this tittle tattle on the taxi forum which gets you nowhere.

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by shakil Sat 22 Mar 2008 - 9:35

aftab its not about bad mouthing you i have done taxi in sheffield for over 13 years now, and i currently do it part time
i have seen many chairmans come and go. i know when you even worked in north derbyshire and the rest, but thats besides the point. STTA links with the council got better since 2001 when Mr Arif took over and since then the trade and drivers have benefited, i am sure you have worked in the trade as many years as me. you have to say which people have made changes to the industry
that what matters. I don't now anyone who works in STTA know, as i don't work that much but i have heard alot about there great work they have done on the interent, now you tell me aftab is this a fair comment

shakil

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Sat 22 Mar 2008 - 16:57

No sir it is not fair comment, infact far from it. I won't go any further on that subject save to say we must agree to disagree on what is described as success in your books. For some one who only heard about the great work stta are doing you do have an axe to grind against anyone who disagrees with your world view. Some evidence please if you don't mind as to the great work stta are doing on internet, I have yet to see some, so can you kindly point us in the right diection?
I was prsenet when the STTA was formed and Mr Bhatti was ellected chair. Rolling Eyes STTA has no more power today than they had then. Since 2001 the trade has changed beyond recognition, we have 857 cabs increased from 300 and dire work conditions with little ranking space and no future ranking provision for the developement in the moor markets, not to mention no ranking at Hallamshire, but still I am glad we have optimistic people like you who think we've never had it so good. I guess as long as we have no change at the station then all is well with the great stta and their RELATIONSHIP with the councill, dream on Mr Shakil.

Can we have some reply to the point made about the failings of the stta concerning collusion on the station issue and the false info about the limit numbers. Why is it that on the website of the stta Liverpool drivers forum has a link but they couldn't bring themselves to put a link to our Sheffield taxi forum? Why is it that they have people like you to do their dirty work for them?
I have indeed worked on North East Derbyshire, and that was after purchasing a minibus with a year left to be licensed in Sheffield a jumped up tester decided on making up his own rules and wanted to impose PSV standard test to a PH vehicle. I was able to take a simple test for Dronfield and also license the minibus as an eight seater their. If this was meant as having committed a crime then it certainly wasn't. On a false promise I bought another minibus and held onto it for six months waiting for one of Harrison's contracts which never materialised, maybe he forgot to tell you that. Also maybe he forgot to mention how he is being helped by Hafeas and people like you to take work away from taxis and given to four seater buses, esentially cars that are being run under bus licenses, all legally of course but that work should go to taxis of Sheffield wouldn't you agree?
I am all for helping our trade, are you? .........Or are you just helping your friends?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 10:49

I don't think Mr Shakil is going to be coming back to answer any of the points raised so we can put this subjest to bed. In fairness no other organisation should be discussed on here simply for sake of peace, no matter how great they may be.

ahmed

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Thu 10 Apr 2008 - 16:12

Just a bit boaring now lads to keep going round in circles, please admin just close this thread and let's move on.

stf

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Mon 21 Apr 2008 - 18:02

stf wrote:Just a bit boaring now lads to keep going round in circles, please admin just close this thread and let's move on.
From the number of posts lately it won't be long before this forum is shut down IMO. Wink

ahmed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down