Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A friend of trade being defamed, Why?????

3 posters

Go down

A friend of trade being defamed, Why????? Empty A friend of trade being defamed, Why?????

Post by Aftab Fri 4 Jan 2008 - 3:54

It has been brought o my attention that within our trade a good friend of the trade is being defamed. A councillor named John Robson who happens to be on the licensing board as well has worked to help the trade and is in favour of a limitation. Some of our drivers have been of the oppinion however that Jonh is against us, which I can counter from personal experience of John Robson's oppinions as untrue.
That is all I wanted to clear up and we need to appreciate our friends and not to spread untrue gossip about people who are helping us. I do hope it isn't any member of the STTA who has responsible for such misinformation but I wouldn't put it past them in looking for a scapegoat for thier own incompetence they blame John for it. All will be clear on the 9th January and I hope STTA is proved right and doesn't end up complacent with egg on face. Then they realy will be looking for people to blame. Shocked
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

A friend of trade being defamed, Why????? Empty Re: A friend of trade being defamed, Why?????

Post by stf Fri 4 Jan 2008 - 6:52

I agree with you, after having read that long thread about hailrape on Sheffield forum. I remember when he was outed in the council and fuss that was made of it. He has been known to be against limitation in the past but I have seen him defend limitation about two weeks ago. We need all the support from councillors that we can get TBH.

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

A friend of trade being defamed, Why????? Empty Re: A friend of trade being defamed, Why?????

Post by Admin Fri 4 Jan 2008 - 10:13

stf wrote:We need all the support from councillors that we can get TBH.
Pretty much sums up the whole situation for the taxi trade at the mo'.
Without having any contact with the gentleman in question I don't know anything about him, but having read some responses on that thread pointed out I now know and respect his views, and I confirm that they are for limiting the taxi numbers. Also it's worth taking time to read views on SF abour Sir Bob Kerslake too Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Fri 4 Jan 2008 - 10:57

Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down