Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STTA meeting

2 posters

Go down

STTA meeting Empty STTA meeting

Post by Admin Sat 27 Oct 2007 - 10:08

A meeting of the new STTA committee is to be held on Tuesday, to formulate policy. There is talk of setting up a new website and yet even after invitation to join us online there has been little progress. I can't imagine why our drivers are computer shy to come on here for free and yet want to set up another website. We waite in anticipation. cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

STTA meeting Empty Re: STTA meeting

Post by shakil Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 9:08

I think they need to have there own website, it allows STTA to have its own status and drivers of sheffield can go on it and see whats happening. This is a forum where discussion take place. With there own website IT ALLOWS THE DRIVERS TO:

1) Interact with commitee members
2) Find out what they are doing
3) Can express issues and concerns directly
4) Its the way foward in the 21st Century
5) Gain contact details

These are the things that i would like to see

shakil

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 12 Nov 2007 - 9:27

shakil wrote:I think they need to have there own website, it allows STTA to have its own status and drivers of sheffield can go on it and see whats happening. This is a forum where discussion take place. With there own website IT ALLOWS THE DRIVERS TO:

1) Interact with commitee members
2) Find out what they are doing
3) Can express issues and concerns directly
4) Its the way foward in the 21st Century
5) Gain contact details

These are the things that i would like to see

commendable goals indeed. STTA is made up of the drivers and inded represent the drivers. We are not a sepparate organisation in challenge to the STTA but we can complement the drivers official association. The only drawback has always been the lack of communication and this forum is an attempt to brige that gap. The STTA has been offered a section of their own to post messages as announcements for all of to read. They have to post a sigle word on it yet. Surprised
I would imagin the management of a website may be an issue and more of drivers money may go towards costs. This type of forum however is free of cost. The members cof the committee can have modorater status if required and can manage thier own section as they wish without hinderance.
I carried on running the forum because Aftab and friends asked me to till they found competent drivers to do it from within the cab trade. If STTA can find people to devote full time attention to running a site then we would only request they put a link to this forum for debating and discussing of issues that concern all of us.
That is my personal oppinion and no way representing the STF. We were asked in the past to formulate a constitution and would be given official status to represent our drivers, but we have no wish to cause divission rather want unity, so we declined the offer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down