Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STTA website

5 posters

Go down

STTA website Empty STTA website

Post by Admin Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 20:20

We have finaly got some news on what our official trade website will look like, click on here to go to site cheers

Last edited by on Fri 15 Feb 2008 - 20:14; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

STTA website Empty Re: STTA website

Post by Aftab Tue 12 Feb 2008 - 5:06

hmmm interesting Laughing better late than never Laughing
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 4:15

I thought it were going to be interactive all singing an dancing but this is only a simple one. Is this the final product then or will they have a propa launch by feeding everybody again at the PMC like they had a two tier system last time? Is it true that they looked after their own cronies sepparate to the rest of the members? Anybody offer any info?

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by waheed Wed 13 Feb 2008 - 11:34

Have they lounch it fully or it is still under construction because I can't open any thing except cotact us where they had write down their p o box no an email address

waheed

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 8:48

The site has been launched but I can't remember anybody having mentioned anything about it. There is very good news however by having no news at all, so obviously no news is good news. Laughing I for one wish the team luck in maintaining a high standard of service, and look forward to getting more up to date information about our trade now that there is no excuse. cheers
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 9:28

thanks for the link lads but I was shocked by Aftab writing one minute that it's not launched then seconds late deleting the post to write its up and running Shocked
Now for some serious business, the site represents the information outlet of the taxi trade. If it doesn't live up to it's promiss then there will be traaball!!! Laughing
Here is what it says on the main page:
Welcome to the Sheffield Taxi Trade Association (STTA) website. We hope that you will find the information on stta-taxi.com useful. To provide quality service to our customers in the City of Sheffield.

STTA is a membership organisation run by members for the benefit of the members, we have a close working relationship with agencies that have a direct relationship with the Taxi Trade. We have good working relationship with Sheffield City Council, Licensing Officers, and the Police.STTA Vision:
"To provide quality service to our customers in the City of Sheffield"
First mistake is the web address is "www.stta-taxi.co.uk" and not ".com" Mad
Secondly it mentions providing quality service in City of Sheffield, well where else would a sheffield taxi provide it's services? The name STTA has Sheffield at the beginning! dohh!!
The "we have a close working relationship with agencies that have a direct relationship with the Taxi Trade" Ha ha, so you have a relationship with people who have a relationship with the taxi trade? WTF,..... you are the taxi trade Twisted Evil Laughing
Then they go onto having a good working relationship with council and the police, this time it's good instead of "close" as with everybody else Exclamation but the only relationship missing there is the one they should have with the drivers. Do these goons even know what the word "Association" means?
Crap site, pointless uninformative with glaring mistakes all over, and further they've got your name wrong Aftab as chair in 1993/94 calling you Altaf Hanif Laughing That should get you going, what, good site you said, don't agree with you one bit
Rant over!!

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 12:04

It's not wise to be nasty to people you don't even know Ahmed. The people making the site have put in some good effort and it's up to us to help make it better if we think it's going to represent US. To that effect I've written an Email to the site address and requested correction to my name at least Wink Very Happy :
"Salaam to all
I wish to congratulate you on the launch of the new STTA website and from what I've seen so far, it looks good.
I would like to point out a small mistake of my name in the list of honours board for 93/94, as Altaf Hanif, if I may point a correction to Aftab Hanif please. I am surprised at the apparent oversight in providing a link to the Sheffield taxi forum when we have links to Liverpool drivers forum and Fast Blacks of Edinburgh, and not to mention a link to some lone bloke from Bristol with his blogs. We on www.taxiforum.co.uk have a simple policy not to exclude anyone, but would like to point out that most of our members, including myself are STTA members. The discussion forum is a communications portal for drivers and anybody with interest in taxi trade to join in discussion about news and events concerning us. I invite you to also to join us and make the taxi forum an integral but independent part of the taxi trade.
I request you make the corrections pointed out please. As one member of the STTA I offer my support to the organisation and look forward to working along with the trade to make things better for all the taxi drivers of Sheffield.
Wasalaam

With Regards

Aftab Hanif"
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 14 Feb 2008 - 20:14

We have progress at last but as you mention it's a bit disappointing Mr Altaf Laughing that a scotish taxi forum and liverpool drivers forum gets a link but we are ingnored. Oh well back to work it's late already.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Mon 18 Feb 2008 - 17:04

Here is one news that should be on the website, another 35 licenses issued, all proper and legal too. Somehow I doubt it though.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down