Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music and Radio in Taxis?

2 posters

Go down

Music and Radio in Taxis? Empty Music and Radio in Taxis?

Post by tony Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 3:35

A friend pointed out something that I want cleared up please. Do we need a licence to play music in cars or taxis? He said that's the reason why the black cabs don't have speakers for radio in the cab and only for the driver at the front. Is there a technical point that we don't know about? Can a cab driver fit speakers in the back and play radio that passengers who are members of public can listen to, or do we have to have a special licence? And if that applies to Private Hire cars too? Thanks

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Music and Radio in Taxis? Empty Re: Music and Radio in Taxis?

Post by Licensing Section Fri 20 Feb 2009 - 8:37

Thanks for that one, I have come accross this problem in the past. where a shop was playing the radio, Barbers I think and they were told that because the public were in the building, they would have to have a PPL or PRS licence to play CDs or the radio. How ever I have never come accross anywhere, where the Phonographic Preformance Limited (PPL) or Performing Rights Society (PRS) have enforced the situation within public transport, or on buses, coaches, taxis or private hire vehicles.

I am sorry I cant give a more definitive answer.

Licensing Section

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down