Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No electric step for Eurocab?

2 posters

Go down

No electric step for Eurocab? Empty No electric step for Eurocab?

Post by fairway1 Wed 29 Apr 2009 - 8:47

First of all, thank you for last reply.
Now I want to change my cab to get a Euro taxi like Fiat and Peaugot. Can you tell me please what the rule is for the side running boards now. I have been told now we can have them fitted to any taxi of that type and it will pass if we can have it with certificate from people who fitted it, is this correct?

fairway1

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

No electric step for Eurocab? Empty RUNNING BOARDS ON TAXIS

Post by Licensing Section Thu 30 Apr 2009 - 5:53

The simple answer to this is that if the Converison Company, have a M1 Certificate for the vehicles with running boards then they will be accepted, so if you buy a vehicle that was fitted with running boards by the conversion company they will supply you with the Certificate Number or a copy of the certificate. This must be presented to the test centre when you have the vehicle tested.

If you have a vehicle that is fitted with an electric step, and want to change that for running boards, the company which converted the vehicle is the only company that can carry out the work. This is because that Company will have submitted to VOSA a specification on Build and will have supplied a vehicle built to that specification for testing etc. thus if you change anything on the vehicle the original certificate issued (M1) will not be valid.

So they will have in place separate M1 certificates for their conversion processes, and the different types of vehicles they supply.

I hope this answers your question.

Licensing Section

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down