Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Circular (sent out in December)

4 posters

Go down

Circular (sent out in December) Empty Circular (sent out in December)

Post by vulcan Tue 6 Jan 2009 - 6:50

I have looked at the new circular sent out by the Council. i must admit (under my breath) that it looks good, is more informative and easier to read, Just hope that the glossy style doesnt cost us more money in the long run. Did anybody hear the out come of the December Board who were discussing the "replacement of engines" and the age of vehicles when this is done?

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Circular (sent out in December) Empty Re: Circular (sent out in December)

Post by Aftab Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 17:16

I agree vulcan, it does sort of bring our council up to date. The letter is informative but I feel we are left out a little on here. Although most of us members are in the trade but most of our reasders are not, so I wonder we could ask the licensing for an email of such letters and perhapse display it on here too as a reference. The topic of replacement engines was discussed and Nissan replacements allowed for the TX2 is the word on the street, do you know any different?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan Fri 9 Jan 2009 - 7:08

I think it was discussed at December Policy which if you go on Council website and look at the Council meetings link, you will find that the meetings listed and reports are downloadable, You may if you enquire through Matt ??? get them to place the details of the circular on the Taxi Licensing part of the Council's website. then you could put a link to the website on here to allow people to access the details. Although I thought that the circular went to all licence holders anyway.

Having looked at the report its does say that drivers can exchange engine without detriement to the age of the vehicle. The Licensing Section will use the V5 (log book) to age the vehicle for licensing purposes, the slight catch to all this is that the vehicle must pass the appropriate emmissions testing for its age (and not the age of the vehicle) Thus 2006 cab remove engine replace with 04 engine the vehicle will be tested to 2006 emmissions. I am no mechanic but can this work.??

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ciao Wed 11 Feb 2009 - 21:13

Hi all, Thanks for having me on the forum. By the way, I did notice a mistake in this that the Private Hire and Hackney Carriage Association never got a mention. A new assoc Private Hire Drivers Association is not the same as PHHCAS. A separate constitution exists and the management committee is different. Anyone keen on knowing more about this post can PM and I may be able to put the record straight.
Ciao for now Smile

ciao

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Sat 14 Feb 2009 - 7:57

Go on the ciao, what is the difference why are you reluctant to share it with rest of us.

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down