Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Law on passengers opening doors.

3 posters

Go down

Interesting Law on passengers opening doors. Empty Interesting Law on passengers opening doors.

Post by Admin Mon 22 Oct 2007 - 12:19

If a passenger opens the door causing an accident or a danger to others, then they can be prosecuted under this Law:..................

The offence. Consists of opening or causing or permitting a door to be opened so as to cause injury or danger to any person. The offence can be committed by a passenger as well as the driver. If a child opened the door and his parent was present and knew the child was about to open the door, then the parent could be charged with permitting. If the child opened the door on the instructions of a parent then the latter could be guilty of causing the offence. Door opening, permitting or causing are all identical offences for the purpose of the penalties that may be inflicted. Only one of the offences should be alleged.
Next time someone blames you for actions of a passenger , then remember this. bounce The prosecution does not have to prove carelessness; nor that someone was actually struck or injured. It is enough if the act caused danger.

Last edited by on Tue 23 Oct 2007 - 8:10; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Interesting Law on passengers opening doors. Empty door law

Post by ray Tue 23 Oct 2007 - 4:00

As I think I have mentioned before my insurance paid out to a third party
who was taking me to court for allowing my passenger to alight from the offside.he being too close and her being intoxicated.I was'nt pleased!.
suffice to say I am now very wary of that very common manuvre!.

ray

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Interesting Law on passengers opening doors. Empty Re: Interesting Law on passengers opening doors.

Post by Aftab Tue 23 Oct 2007 - 6:49

According to this it's your passenger who should've been prosecuted, or at least your insurers taken her to court to recover costs.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Interesting Law on passengers opening doors. Empty Re: Interesting Law on passengers opening doors.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down