Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi drivers attacked near town centre

Go down

Taxi drivers attacked near town centre Empty Taxi drivers attacked near town centre

Post by Admin Fri 16 Jan 2009 - 10:33

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/news/Taxi-drivers-attacked-near-town-centre/article-615764-detail/article.html
Thursday, January 15, 2009, 07:00

A TAXI driver who was attacked outside a Scunthorpe nightclub has described his 'frightening' ordeal.

The incident unfolded opposite the Love2Love nightclub on Doncaster Road, and news of the attack broke yesterday on www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk

Dhil Hussain (25) was in his cab when he was approached by a man who kicked the car, causing damage.

Mr Hussain got out of his car and was punched in the face by a second man on foot.

The cabbie said: "I sat parked on Doncaster Road just as normal, looking for fares.

"A guy came up and kicked my car for nothing. He kicked my side door and was swearing at me.

"Another taxi colleague was passing, he saw the man kicking my car and stopped in front of me.

"We asked him to stop and called the police when he punched me in the head and face, and I fell on the floor."

Mr Hussain, who suffered a swollen lip and cracked front tooth, claimed the attacker then ran inside Studio 25, where a doorman offered to call the police.

The taxi driver said a second attacker then started a fight with him on Deyne Avenue.

Mohamed Shujon Miah (34) went to help his nephew, Mr Hussain, but was left with 'deep' injuries after he was bitten by a dog that belonged to one of the attackers.

Mr Miah said one of the men carrying out the attack had a German shepherd dog which began to bite him and claimed the attacker did not call the animal off, even when police arrived.

"I have very deep injuries, including five dog bites on my leg, my trousers were ripped and I have to take antibiotics, and at the moment I am unable to work."

Both taxi drivers were taken to Scunthorpe General Hospital where Mr Hussain was treated for a swollen lip and a cracked front tooth.

Mr Miah had a cut to his forehead, grazing to the right cheek, shoulder, elbow and knee, a graze to the right of his nose and dog bites to the left calf and the inside of his thigh.

Police arrested a 17-year-old man in connection with the incident and released him, without charge, on police bail pending further inquiries.

A group of unknown men are believed to have helped the drivers and chased off the attackers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down