Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STTA rumor mill

4 posters

Go down

STTA rumor mill Empty STTA rumor mill

Post by Aftab Fri 16 May 2008 - 8:15

(*********edit by admin********), and one such rumor put out by the mill is that the council has agreed to let taxis be MOT'd in a number of alternative garages as well as Staniforth Road. Not true was the answer given by the licensing, so let's not run away with distributing sweets in the street just yet.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

STTA rumor mill Empty Re: STTA rumor mill

Post by ahmed Sat 17 May 2008 - 21:02

I always get told off for speaking the truth about the station taxi trade association but so far you I havn't been proved wrong. Admin even banned me from here over it, or was it for having a go at ar' Bernard, I forget Laughing .

******************"post removed by admin for breaking forum rules of allegations without proof"*************************

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Sat 17 May 2008 - 21:49

Oh yes, that old chestnut,...............................Our friend Mr. Shakil was given a couple of months to respond to our questions and then decision was made to terminate his membership of this forum for simple breach of the rules. If he exists in real life, and so far I don't believe that he does, at least not under that name then he will have to find somehwere else to beat the STTA drum. Enough said. silent
The rest of your post I don't agree with Ahmed simply because people like Hafeas are doing some good but our trade is so disorganised that it doesn't seem to be making any difference. Criticising the STTA for lack of information I can agree with but attacking everything they do is not fair, because there are some people benefitting, and we do need the STTA and the whole trade to be united, open and transparent . A word used too often but seldom practiced.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony Mon 19 May 2008 - 1:14

As I said in another post join up with the combined union of Private Hire and Hackney and give them a stronger voice.

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Mon 19 May 2008 - 16:06

Although it may make sense to some but those of us who have been in the taxi trade a long time can't simply bring ourselves to fratanise with the enemy (PH). We also differ to a great extent on the issues that are faced for our differing trades. So in conclusion NO is the answer to joining a combined union simply because it's not winning against the council but hilighting and working with the council to solve problems faced by our black cab trade and allow PH to solve their own problems.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 20 May 2008 - 17:46

Mr Ahmed I will warn you it is not clever to insult others even when done sarcastically. Your post above may be removed more of the members think it should be. I feel it is irresponsible of Aftab to post such accusations without evidence that STTA has indeed instigated these rumors. I will await Aftabs explanation and the justifications for posting this topic and if unfounded the topic will be consigned to the bin file. We have to uphold some standards that others may also abide by them and not let this forum degenrate into mudslinging.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Wed 21 May 2008 - 0:49

ahmed wrote:I always get told off for speaking the truth about the station taxi trade association but so far you I havn't been proved wrong. Admin even banned me from here over it, or was it for having a go at ar' Bernard, I forget Laughing .

******************"post removed by admin for breaking forum rules of allegations without proof"*************************
I think I've made my point at the beginning of the quote already.

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down