Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eurocab door problems

3 posters

Go down

Eurocab door problems Empty Eurocab door problems

Post by ahmed Mon 5 May 2008 - 18:14

I picked this out from the taxi driver on line forum and once again thought it might help some bread van drivers Laughing
I have had trouble with the nearside sliding door for quite some time, with it coming out of alignment. The door has already been replaced once but I am having the same trouble all over again, it is so bad that from the inside you can see daylight through the gap in the top corner.

Some time ago I received this reply from cabs direct, tbh I still cannot believe the answer given. The main dealer that I have been taking it to do not seem to have the answer to getting it back into alignment. Has anyone else had the same problems - if so how did your dealer manage to sort it.

copy of e-mail reply below.

Thank you for taking the time to use our Customer Service information email facility.

I am sorry to learn that you are having problems with your sliding doors, the doors can twist due to
people slamming and when this happens top male and female ends do not insert. This causes the a twist with the lower half of the door closed, and the top half still open.

To prevent this the doors must be adjusted top and bottom, with all locations lining up, when this is exact and the door is now closed, you might find that the top of the door is wide at the top corner.

With the door half opened you must then physically go inside the vehicle and pull the top corner in by hand with slight force, you must put your knee on the door for support and pull in very carefully so you don't crease it.
Keep trying after adjustment until the door starts to shape into the contour of the door aperture it will eventually start to compress the door rubber seals when the at the correct shape.

Customer Services Manager

ahmed

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Eurocab door problems Empty Re: Eurocab door problems

Post by Admin Fri 16 May 2008 - 1:16

I do believe the newer version of doesn't the same problems with the sliding mechanism.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Mon 19 May 2008 - 16:14

Appart from the three or four the rest are the older type bread vans and boy oh boy do they have some problems? Mad If it's not the sensors it's the sliding electric steps or the doors almost falling off or at least rattling like hell. Most of the owners wish they hadn't bought them but are lumbered with them. Cool
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down