Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man charged with taxi driver murder denies involvement

Go down

Man charged with taxi driver murder denies involvement Empty Man charged with taxi driver murder denies involvement

Post by Admin Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 20:30

By Lucy Clapham

ONE of the men charged with the murder of taxi driver Mohammed Mahroof told police he had nothing to do with the attack, having been at home eating a takeaway with his family.

In his first interview with officers Asif Ahram Mohammed said he was "innocent" and had done "nothing at all."

He and Mohammed Mahroof Mustafa are jointly charged with the 39-year-old cab driver's murder, who was fatally stabbed after responding to a pick up outside Busy Bees nursery last May.

Reading crown court heard today Mohammed, 26, was arrested at his house in Roberts Road, High Wycombe, the morning after the stabbing.

In an interview later that day he said, "I was at home at this time with my family eating takeaway between eight and nine o'clock."

He added: "Everybody knows I ain't got the balls to do something like this."

It emerged during his interviews with police that Mohammed used to work for Neales Taxis - the same company as Mr Mahroof. "So I don't think I'd be killing off their drivers," he added.

The court heard he first denied knowing co-defendant Mustafa but later admitted he had been with him on the day of the stabbing. He said, however, that the idea to rob a taxi driver at knife point was Mustafa's idea and that Mustafa had been the one to provide the knife.

Mohammed said: "He just said, "leave it to me." He was just walking off into the park and said "I'll catch up with you."

"As we got in to the park I walked straight on towards the grass, towards the middle of the park.

"As I recall it was a black cab. I didn't want to show my face to the cab."

In his final interview Mohammed admitted he had in fact provided Mustafa with the 11.5 cm long kitchen knife to carry out the robbery, which he took from his house.

Both defendants deny murder. The trial continues.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down