Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi cab CCTV declared a success

3 posters

Go down

Taxi cab CCTV declared a success Empty Taxi cab CCTV declared a success

Post by Admin Fri 16 Mar 2007 - 8:55

Taxi cab CCTV declared a success
Published on 15 Mar 2007
The use of CCTV in Sheffield’s black cabs has been declared a resounding success by Sheffield City Council, reports BBC Online.

The cabs that have been using the cameras have reported a drop in violent and abusive incidents from an average of one in every seven fares to one in 100 fares.

Council spokesman Andy Christian commented:

"All the drivers who have got the cameras are delighted. They have said it's made a massive difference.
"Some passengers have also said they feel safer in a taxi which has cameras fitted, so it is not just the drivers who benefit."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Taxi cab CCTV declared a success Empty Re: Taxi cab CCTV declared a success

Post by ENGLISH Fri 16 Mar 2007 - 11:50

Great, Now when are the council of ours going to pay to have them installed in all the other cabs.

They can not GIVE cctv to some cabs then expect the others to paid for there own.

When are we all getting funding for it?

ENGLISH

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Sat 17 Mar 2007 - 11:42

I recall Ian had a word with the Police who didn't have any objection to a camera being fitted in a cab but the council in it's wisdom decided on an encrypted type, which is out of most peoples' budget. Mybe if Andy Christian can look at the type of cameras that can be adapted to do the job, then cost can be brought down substantially. The encryption not only puts the cost up but also infers that cab drivers are criminals not to be trusted with some video footage of passengers sat in a cab.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ENGLISH Sun 18 Mar 2007 - 4:11

Aftab, me old flower,If you can remember, It's like I said in my earlier post that got deleted, we will have to have the cctv that the council say we've got to have, will not matter about the price they will not be paying will they?

Just another thing to knock us on when it comes to the inspections, have not got the right cctv, take his plate off.

To make things even, what about the council sending bills out to the owners of the cars and cabs that they helped to survey this cctv situation? because if they can pay for there cctv they can pay for mine.

ENGLISH

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down