Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

letters to the Star

+3
stf
vulcan
Aftab
7 posters

Go down

letters to the Star Empty letters to the Star

Post by Aftab Thu 17 Jan 2008 - 18:28

There are far too many black cabs

IT was reported that we need more black cabs at night. This is rubbish. I'm a black cab driver and I'm either at taxi ranks or driving round for ages. The only time when it's busy is between 1:30 and 2:30am on a Friday and Saturday.
Giving away more black cab licences is just going to congest the city (even more than it already is) outside of these busy times, not to mention the increase in Co2.

I suggest reducing taxis to around 600 by not giving away a new licence when someone leaves; this should ease congestion and Co2.

Will someone do a proper survey to back up my argument and just count the number of cabs with their "for hire" light on.

Please don't use the argument that Sheffield has a lower number of taxis than
some other city, as Sheffield
is not a party city like it used to be and students can walk home due to inner city student accommodation.
Steven Coomer, Bradway, Sheffield

I AM sorry but Lib Dem Gail Smith is out off touch with what the people of this city want. When was the last time she was in the city centre and was unable to get a black cab home?

I personaly was a hackney cab driver for 32 years and in that time saw the job go from very lucrative to one where most drivers were trying to make a living but it was hard work.

If she was to visit the city centre from Sunday to Thurseday I can asure she would have no trouble getting home. Over the years in any city it's traditional to queue for cabs.
Michael Durkin
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

letters to the Star Empty Re: letters to the Star

Post by vulcan Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 4:05

Nice for Mr Coomer to suggest 600, Would he be willing to return his newly aquired plate to the council, how long has he had a licence, Mr Durkin is he not the man "nicking the work unlicensed now"

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 9:27

Mr Durkin, is he that fella with the people carrier with DIRKO number plate?
Friend of the taxi trade then? Laughing

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Fri 18 Jan 2008 - 15:37

Yes that's him stf, a bit of hypocracy in action for you to see. I would go further and say that there are many more such hypocrits amongst us in the trade. Laughing
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Sun 20 Jan 2008 - 8:39

That is the crux of the matter init? Everybody suggests others should do this and that as long as they themselves can carry on their bent ways.

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Zee Sun 20 Jan 2008 - 15:02

I will feel sorry for the person who has bought Dirkos last
vehicle affraid

Zee

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 20 Jan 2008 - 17:03

vulcan wrote:Nice for Mr Coomer to suggest 600, Would he be willing to return his newly aquired plate to the council, how long has he had a licence, Mr Durkin is he not the man "nicking the work unlicensed now"
By the end of the month (28th January) Mr Durkin will have to change his ways of working if he wants to stay legal, wait and see, because he is one ina long list of culprits. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by john Mon 21 Jan 2008 - 9:01

hope they do something

john

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Tue 22 Jan 2008 - 18:29

Instead of nattering on here why don't any of the bosses (as our friend fairway called them) actually email the clown hall and post the reply back here. Are they intending to do anything about implementing the new law or not?
And why have we got two threads discussing the same issue, come on admin get your act together!! Razz

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down