Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Council Circular

+2
Zee
Aftab
6 posters

Go down

Council Circular Empty Council Circular

Post by Aftab Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 1:20

Did everybody get that letter from the council? A little out of date with the plate numbers but some information there anyway. There is a mention of the award for long service, and I would like to congratulate the recipients of the awards and a thank them for contribution to the trade. In the absence of official photos on the STTA website, Here is what happened at the photo session when one recipient dropped the frame and smashed the gless at Barkers Pool as Clive and Chris and others look on Laughing
Council Circular 14022008005ic4
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Council Circular Empty Re: Council Circular

Post by Zee Thu 28 Feb 2008 - 14:59

Aftab, can we have more regular action pics, of life on the ranks, this really does liven up the forum Laughing

Zee

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by sheffph Fri 29 Feb 2008 - 15:10

Good photo, it's an off chance isn't it o be at the right place at the right time and then have your effin camera on you as well. It never happens to me Sad Is that our boss Chris Frayn there with his award then? Laughing

sheffph

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Council Circular Empty Finaly the papers cover the story (The Star)

Post by ahmed Mon 3 Mar 2008 - 1:05

Famous five Sheffield taxi drivers honoured

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Famous-five-Sheffield--taxi.3833315.jp
Council Circular Th1sst0103122902115805wa7
Presentation time: Lord Mayor Coun Arthur Dunworth with award-winning taxi drivers Dennis Whiteley, Chris Frayne, Walayat Khan and Mohammed Saleem ............Picture: Roger Nadal

By Tony Belshaw
FIVE taxi drivers with more than 120 years on the clock have been honoured by Sheffield Council.
Lord Mayor Coun Arthur Dunworth presented the drivers with long service awards at a ceremony in the Mayor's Parlour at the Town Hall.

Walayat Khan, aged 65, from Darnall has been a taxi driver for 34 years while Dennis Whiteley, 61, from Wincobank, has been picking up passengers for 30 years.

Chris Frayne, 62, from Hackenthorpe, and Mohammed Saleem, 49, from Rotherham, have been ferrying fares for 25 years each, while Muhammed Arif, 55, from Nether Edge, has been a cabbie for 15 years.

Despite collectively clocking up more than a century on the road, not one of the drivers has ever had an accident or a blight on their driving licences.

Coun Dunworth said: "It is incredible that these drivers have carried residents and visitors around our city for so many years without any accidents or motoring offences.

"They provide a valuable service that we all use from time to time, and play a very important role in keeping the city on the move."

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Mon 3 Mar 2008 - 1:09

Who dropped the award frame?

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 3 Mar 2008 - 1:15

I think it was Dennis Whiteley but since I wasn't there I couldn't say for sure. In the photo you can only see his back
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shakil Fri 7 Mar 2008 - 7:32

i would like to congrualte all the drivers that recieved the awards and also through this we can see that over links with the council are improving. STTA i think have done a good job

shakil

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down