Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New kids on the block

3 posters

Go down

New kids on the block Empty New kids on the block

Post by Aftab Thu 1 Nov 2007 - 19:38

Looks like history is about to repeat itself, another group of taxi drivers want to setup a firm totake on the ph trade. The group so far seems to consist of some new kids on the block who have ideas and theories to change the the way we work. the only flaw was when one young chap who was touting the idea mentioned the word "sacrifice". "We need to work together", "We need someone to organise us", and "we need to sacrifice picking up flagdowns to cover radio work", oh oh, wrong word Shocked Shocked Very Happy
This group is largely made up of the so called "pressure group". These guys got together to try grab power of sorts by drumming up support and take over the STTA through ellections. That failed. The idea seems to have been that the Association would lend legitamacy to the groups aim to setup a firm under the guise of everybody's own firm. The drivers would fork out money as shareholders to set it up and in return be told who is going to lead them. They will then make sacrifices to cover radio work till the company becomes successful and then they can go back to normal work. The guys on the committee will have deciding roles in running the firm and of course getting paid for their efforts. Sounds like a cushy number. This chap claimed to already have fifty willing drivers to take part in his project, surprising then that they need anyone else?
I invited most of these guys to join us on this forum to improve communication in the trade, but not much of a response, as it now turns out that they had a different agenda all the time. I wish them luck but personally intend to stay clear of any of these schemes. Seems very simmilar to Pakistan politics way of doing things, not the shareholders appointing a board, but the board appointing itself and then setting about collecting shareholders to support it's schemes , Hmmmmm, interesting times Neutral Neutral Carry on lads I'll join you when you're a little more successful cheers
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

New kids on the block Empty Re: New kids on the block

Post by ray Mon 5 Nov 2007 - 13:08

I commend them for at least trying to get a cab drivers radio system going.I personaly would love a cab drivers radio system owned by cab drivers.I resent paying a wad to 1 guy with a big fat cigar when we ourselves could so,easily blow ph off the inner city map for a relatively small price!.
Obviously we ourselves are the pit falls,that has always been the case. This is the first I have heard of this.
As for sacrificing flag downs ,what flag downs?.
This is an ideal time to set up a drivers radio system.Ph bosses are very pleased when we never get it together,year after year!.

ray

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 5 Nov 2007 - 16:47

Interesting times indeed. I agree with Ray on this one, anything would be better for you lads than what you have now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down