Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do our drivers have an attitude problem?

4 posters

Go down

Do our drivers have an attitude problem? Empty Do our drivers have an attitude problem?

Post by Aftab Wed 27 Jan 2010 - 6:02

A colleague mentioned of his poor experience as a passenger in a Sheffield taxi. He was with his nephew whom he met off the train, so they decided to get a cab to Ecclesall Road. The first cab driver was negotiating with a prospective passenger, so unsure if the cab was going to be taken or not, they decided to stand back and wait for the cab to be either free or move. The cab deriver of the second cab beckoned them to come to him, so they complied and went and sat in the second cab. Now, the second cab was in no position to move as he was being blocked by the cab in front who was still negotiating with his passenger. As soon as they entered the taxi however the meter went on started ticking away in waiting time but the cab unable to turn a wheel. Whilst the cab was stationary the fare on the meter went up by thirty pence coinciding with the first cab pulling away. My friend mentioned this to the driver that he hoped the he isn't going to be charged that thirty pence at the end of the journey as the cab didn't even move off the rank. The taxi driver gave our colleague a short lecture about being hired and his right to switch the meter on as soon as hired and that legally they are obliged to pay the meter fare, also inviting them to leave his cab if they found that arrangement unacceptable. Our colleague and his Nephew then took a different taxi to their destination.
Now I don't understand why we allow people like that to ruin our trade and livelihood yet treat them as coleagues, do they deserve it? If our colleague had identified himself as a Sheffield taxi driver, then I have no doubt this type of situation wouldn't have developed, but why treat a fellow taxi driver differently to people who we depend on for our bread and butter?
What are your thoughts on this?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Do our drivers have an attitude problem? Empty Re: Do our drivers have an attitude problem?

Post by ahmed Wed 27 Jan 2010 - 18:14

Name and shame!!
Is there any surprise then that we have lost so much work and locals will only take a black cab as a last resort? Ask your mate to put his name on here and I'll put the lights on it Laughing

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Do our drivers have an attitude problem? Empty Re: Do our drivers have an attitude problem?

Post by john Thu 28 Jan 2010 - 9:45

that happens a lot ive seen drivers put the meter on before they get in the cab same again greed

john

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Thu 4 Feb 2010 - 5:36

It's something we need to get across to drivers that by looking after their customers in the long term they do benefit, but who is going to do the teaching?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hypester Sun 7 Feb 2010 - 22:35

This is not even bad. A while a go i called city cars at The Royal Hallamshire with my Mrs.

When the PRIVATE HIRE (CAB) arrived and set off, the twat turned his meter on thinking i was some dumb foreigner.

The best bit was when he got to my house he saw my cab...LOL

I almost pissed my self laughing.

He just smiled nervously and charged me the correct fare....

Taxi drivers are just thieves!!!!!

hypester

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Mon 8 Feb 2010 - 6:52

hypester wrote:This is not even bad. A while a go i called city cars at The Royal Hallamshire with my Mrs.

When the PRIVATE HIRE (CAB) arrived and set off, the twat turned his meter on thinking i was some dumb foreigner.

The best bit was when he got to my house he saw my cab...LOL

I almost pissed my self laughing.

He just smiled nervously and charged me the correct fare....

Taxi drivers are just thieves!!!!!
I'm sure you are aware of course we are required to engage the meter for every journey regardless of what we intend to charge at the end of the journey. The only stipulation is that we must not charge more than the fare showing on the meter face. So technically he was only going by the rules, but you and I know that probably wasn't the reason for your driver engaging the taxi meter:lol:
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down