Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi Licensing Clinics

3 posters

Go down

Taxi Licensing Clinics Empty Taxi Licensing Clinics

Post by vulcan Tue 2 Sep 2008 - 4:32

I have just heard that Taxi Licensing are to run Clinics (what that is I dont know) around the City, at the two big Private hire firms and then at possible PMC or another community centre, It seems that there will be licensing officers available through the day at these given events for questions and answers, and also with the possibilty of taking insurance documents and notices that should usually be returned to the Licensing at the town hall. This sounds like a good Idea and looks like the new regime in licensing are actually acting on problems raised by drivers, does anybody know anything more about this? I must admit that this licensing management seem to be the most forward think we have had in the last few years, what do others think?

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Taxi Licensing Clinics Empty Re: Taxi Licensing Clinics

Post by tony Wed 3 Sep 2008 - 16:36

Clinics? Laughing How does that benefit the cab drivers who don't have a radio with eirther of the big two private hire firms?

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 3:02

Tony I believe these maybe the start and that the Council will move around the City and use Community centres etc in the future. This is an improvement lets not start putting blocks in place before we have even tried it out.

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sheffph Thu 4 Sep 2008 - 22:02

Yea but why call it a taxi clinic, an how is it an imrovement, in what respect? Are there going to be people fixing cars or cabs or what, Im sure drivers proly would use them if we understood what it is Laughing

sheffph

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down