Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number of seats

2 posters

Go down

Number of seats Empty Number of seats

Post by hypester Mon 7 Dec 2009 - 10:47

Im wanting to fit a passenger seat (flip down) in to my TX2. This is for my daughter as i feel it is cleaner and only for her use.

Would i now be able to still carry 5 passengers in the back plus my daughter (6 in total). Obviously not for work purposes just occasional family day outs.

As it states 5 passengers on my plate.

If u can do u need to inform insurance, council etc.......

Dont want to buy seat if i cant as its expensive, will just use the car instead.

Thanks

hypester

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Number of seats Empty Re: Number of seats

Post by Licensing Section Wed 9 Dec 2009 - 2:01

Not a simple answer (what is in taxi licensing) If the vehicle is fitted with a front passenger seat, then the driver may use that for personal use, (family) etc, teh seat must never form part of the total of passengers carried for business. You will need to inform you insurance and they may state that you are only insured for the amount of passengers licensed for even in the case of social, domestic and pleasure purposes.

If the vehicle was purchased without the seat, and you want to make alterations to your vehicle, the seat must be proffesionally fitted usually by the manufacturer of the vehicle, and will form part of any vehicle testing you have in the future, agian any alteration you make to your vehicle, you must inform your insurance company, failure to d do so may invalidate your insurance.

Hope this helps.

Licensing Section

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down