Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blind leading the Blind!!!!!Who's to blame.....

5 posters

Go down

Blind leading the Blind!!!!!Who's to blame..... Empty Blind leading the Blind!!!!!Who's to blame.....

Post by hypester Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 6:30

Well i dont know if you call me a new driver or not. Been on the job almost 3 years.

There seems to be so many unwritten rules that apply to one driver and not to another....

Where can i do a u turn go thru a bus route. It seems it more upto the driver than actual rules because NO ONE really knows the rules.

DRivers tend to follow others???

Reason being im being told one thing from 1 driver then something else from others.

Its got me into trouble with the COUNCIL..

Thanks

hypester

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Blind leading the Blind!!!!!Who's to blame..... Empty Re: Blind leading the Blind!!!!!Who's to blame.....

Post by john Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 9:33

i think theres some rules on one of the pages on this site /most places are clearly marked u turns ect /all done it /

john

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Blind leading the Blind!!!!!Who's to blame..... Empty Re: Blind leading the Blind!!!!!Who's to blame.....

Post by Aftab Wed 2 Dec 2009 - 11:50

Simple rule is to follow the rules unless you are told different by the authorities and don't pay any attention to the drivers.

All the bus routes, bus gates in town I believe are accessible to taxis, regardless of the road signs not having Taxis written on them.

The no U-turn applies to all motorists and no special dispensation available to taxis. If you cause danger to other road users by an illegal maneuver then can't really expect any sympathy from the law or fellow motorists I'm afraid.

The only U-turn that seems necessary is when turning at Castle Square to go back down towards Park Square, although not strictly legal but can be argued as lesser of two evils. So where id you get in trouble hypester

Would be better off posting in the Q n A section and ask the licensing directly, don't pay any attention to me I'm only a taxi driver Laughing
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by the cabbie Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 19:01

D for dangerous S for serious,both are driving test failure if you get one or both of these when taking a driving test,you will fail that test.don't do illegal u-turns during the day and especially at night.

the cabbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by the cabbie Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 19:08

its not the blind leading the blind,its monkey see monkey do.besides blind people can't drive.or can they?less said the better

the cabbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 19:38

the cabbie wrote:its not the blind leading the blind,its monkey see monkey do.besides blind people can't drive.or can they?less said the better
wOW cabbie, that's a bit harsh, have you had a bad day at work? Laughing

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down