Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inocent until proven guilty

+3
Admin
stf
the cabbie
7 posters

Go down

inocent until proven guilty Empty inocent until proven guilty

Post by the cabbie Mon 9 Nov 2009 - 18:15

a taxi driver his in court this week,charge with sexual assault,the allegation was made by a female passenger he picked up on west street in feb this year.the driver in question has had his licence suspended and as not worked since 4th september 09.the police interview the female and the driver and sent a file to the cps for advice,it took them six months to read it.on 19th of august 09 the driver was charged,the council was inform by the police, as they do,two weeks later the driver recieved a letter informing him that his licence was suspended.later the driver found out that in the email sent to the council by the police,they the police recommended the driver should be suspended,because he's a risk to the public.this is the driver who worked from the date of the allegation to when he was charged six months later,this is the driver who's done this job for 17 yrs,with no recorded complaints in that time.but its true say he has had plenty done to him and his property...keep safe ..this could be you. Very Happy

the cabbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

inocent until proven guilty Empty Re: inocent until proven guilty

Post by stf Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 6:05

Are you suggesting that the Police or the council acted illegally?

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by the cabbie Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 12:03

the laws of the country clearly states,innocent until proven guilty.when they the police take the words of a female,who's a liar,and believe her.when evidence clearly proves otherwise,thats illegal.

the cabbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 12:16

Please lads if it's an ongoing case then be careful not to mention any identifying details like names or cab numbers etc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the cabbie Wed 11 Nov 2009 - 13:45

i have regular contact with the driver.,.the last time we spoke things had gone from bad to worse.he's an medication for high blood pressure,taking 4 tablets per day thats for the rest of his life.his wife is off work suffering from stress.the inland revenue are chasing him for tax that he owes them,which he can't pay because he's not working.the list goes on,but i won't bore u with all that.but what i can say he's grateful and thankfull to all the people who wished him well,and its this that keeps him going.god willing,it will come to an end soon.

the cabbie

Back to top Go down

Post by john Thu 12 Nov 2009 - 6:18

ive known this driver for around 15 years this is crap /when they find him not guilty i hope he can print it all over the press and olso get back money he has lost/ and a picture of the one who said he did it

john

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Thu 12 Nov 2009 - 7:58

john wrote:ive known this driver for around 15 years this is crap /when they find him not guilty i hope he can print it all over the press and olso get back money he has lost/ and a picture of the one who said he did it
100% agree there John. From what we have heard so far it's surprising the Police have taken it so far. I want to wish the lad good luck and hope to see him back to work in near future.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650

Back to top Go down

Post by Badger Thu 12 Nov 2009 - 13:01

Just thought I would like to add a comment or two to this thread.
Innocent until proven guilty is not a law but an assumption.
As regards the police taking it so far, what they do is prepare a file on the case and they are then required to submit this to the Crown Prosecution Service who decide what to do next.
The CPS are under pressure from our fantastic government to prosecute all matters of this nature to show that they are protecting the public even if at a later stage the evidence is seen to be weak.
I know the gentleman in question and find it hard to believe he did what he is accused of and wish him well but I am afraid he is at the mercy of the criminal justice system.
Not a comforting thought.

Badger

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Thu 12 Nov 2009 - 16:58

That's a scary thought Badger, at the mercy of the good old CPS especially when they have to be seen to be getting results. Is that justice though? I don't the fella but people who do know him have said they fully support him and expect him to walk away from this, but till then eh? Wish him well too, must be a harrowing ordeal for him at the mo?

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down