Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENFORCEMENT REVIEW

2 posters

Go down

ENFORCEMENT REVIEW Empty ENFORCEMENT REVIEW

Post by Licensing Section Fri 9 Oct 2009 - 9:20

The Board thank the Officers for the "out of hours work" on enforcement and it was noted by the members that the report which appeared in the local press had distorted some of the report, The Cheif Licensing Officer explained that the warning letters as described may have been for minor problems with vehicles, and he was pleased with the fitness of Sheffield Licensed vehicles and pointed to another section of the report where a joint operation with Police and the Vehicle inspectorate had fully checked 25 Sheffield licensed vehicles and only three problems with this had occurred and of which two were driver related rather then vehicle related. This showed that Sheffield vehicles on the whole are maintained to a high standard and that both good management by Licensees and robust enforcement means that these standards do not slip.

The Chair wished to add that there should be a press realease regarding the safety of sheffield vehicles, when the full minutes of the meeting are released i will publish that on here for you all to read.

Licensing Section

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

ENFORCEMENT REVIEW Empty Re: ENFORCEMENT REVIEW

Post by stf Sun 11 Oct 2009 - 18:44

Licensing Section wrote:The Board thank the Officers for the "out of hours work" on enforcement and it was noted by the members that the report which appeared in the local press had distorted some of the report, The Cheif Licensing Officer explained that the warning letters as described may have been for minor problems with vehicles, and he was pleased with the fitness of Sheffield Licensed vehicles and pointed to another section of the report where a joint operation with Police and the Vehicle inspectorate had fully checked 25 Sheffield licensed vehicles and only three problems with this had occurred and of which two were driver related rather then vehicle related. This showed that Sheffield vehicles on the whole are maintained to a high standard and that both good management by Licensees and robust enforcement means that these standards do not slip.

The Chair wished to add that there should be a press realease regarding the safety of sheffield vehicles, when the full minutes of the meeting are released i will publish that on here for you all to read.
Thank you sir, the repost in the Star has caused a stir already with two of my customers mentioning it to me, so people are aware and are influenced by what they read.

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down