Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers

+2
ahmed
Aftab
6 posters

Go down

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Empty South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers

Post by Aftab Tue 20 May 2008 - 17:28

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board invited some taxi drivers to a gathering at the PMC last night. Representatives from various connected bodies were present for open and informal discussions over issues concerning the taxi trade. The Police. the Crown Prosecution Service, The Licensing, Victims' support, The Sheffield city council, and many other bodies were represented and some constructive discussions took place over a couple of hours. The whole event was organised by Hafeas and the STTA. Hope this goes some way to prove to people like our friend Ahmed that STTA can do some good after all. I am hoping more details of the event appear on the STTA website.

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03165gi2
A well attended meeting with each table dedicated to a different subject

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03162cm6
......and some subjects weren't too popular...... Smile

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03158ae6
Andy Christian, with Shabaz Ramzan and Brian Anderson(of HMP Doncaster) in the foreground

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03159ug1
Inspector Pete Serhatlic with Adrian Cooper on the Taxi and Road Traffic legislation table

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03161qz3
chief Inspector Martin Scothern and Inspector Neil Mutch on fare disputes and passenger conflicts table with Mr Arif

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03169ck1
Our very own boss Clive Stevenson and Matt Proctor were at hand to answer any questions.

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03172ft9
STTA Chairman Hafeas and Mr Jabbar Mohammed

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Dsc03167ja1
Everybody had some chance to air their views without being shouted down. With refreshments on offer after the meet was just a perfect end to the evenings events. I was informed by Hafeas of another simmilar event being palnned in the near future so we can look forward to that.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Empty Re: South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers

Post by ahmed Wed 21 May 2008 - 0:54

Hope this goes some way to prove to people like our friend Ahmed that STTA can do some good after all
So all this was for my benefit, I am humbled indeed sir. Why then nobody else knew about it and at least I wasn't I invited, or was it just the old boys club?.....................Again? Mad
He he, I see they've painted the walls at the pmc dump then?

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers Empty Re: South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers

Post by Admin Thu 22 May 2008 - 1:20

Sounds like it was a good event and properly organised, and the trade needs more of this type of contact with all organisations concerned. Well done STTA!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan Thu 22 May 2008 - 3:30

I dont see AHMED lifting his backside of his drivers seat and organising anything, You more like a child AHMED it is easy to sit and pick spots of the people who try then to do anything yourself, Id rather try and fail then die bored and regretful that i miss something, stop moaning and oragnise a trade association yourselfm, get out there and canvas for members to join you as there leader etc etc, if "cant be bothered" then stop moaning!!!!

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by john Thu 22 May 2008 - 7:13

good to see this hope we get some action .

john

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Sat 24 May 2008 - 4:06

vulcan wrote:I dont see AHMED lifting his backside of his drivers seat and organising anything, You more like a child AHMED it is easy to sit and pick spots of the people who try then to do anything yourself, Id rather try and fail then die bored and regretful that i miss something, stop moaning and oragnise a trade association yourselfm, get out there and canvas for members to join you as there leader etc etc, if "cant be bothered" then stop moaning!!!!
I hope you are aware Mr Vulcan that STTA is a minority group of Sheffield taxi drivers, and only serve the interests of a small group of senior drivers at the station. *****(ADMIN EDIT- POST REMOVED FOR BREACHING FORUM RULES) Please contact Mods if need to discuss reasons further*****

ahmed

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Sun 25 May 2008 - 10:13

ahmed wrote:
vulcan wrote:I dont see AHMED lifting his backside of his drivers seat and organising anything, You more like a child AHMED it is easy to sit and pick spots of the people who try then to do anything yourself, Id rather try and fail then die bored and regretful that i miss something, stop moaning and oragnise a trade association yourselfm, get out there and canvas for members to join you as there leader etc etc, if "cant be bothered" then stop moaning!!!!
I hope you are aware Mr Vulcan that STTA is a minority group of Sheffield taxi drivers, and only serve the interests of a small group of senior drivers at the station. *****(ADMIN EDIT- POST REMOVED FOR BREACHING FORUM RULES) Please contact Mods if need to discuss reasons further*****
Some people can be so mis-informed, this particular committee was voted in by what can only be described as the biggest turnout of drivers ever. The committee can be as successful as the co-operation they get from the membership, and as this is the only one representing the cab drivers it should have your support in as at least to exist. The STTA would ask for a rise in fares but I didn't hear of anyone refusing to take advantage of that, so isn't that hypocracy? As regards the station issue, many outside agree with you but then would be better to fight the system from within.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fairway1 Wed 28 May 2008 - 1:57

There was last time pressure group in election and they lost but still they was better than brother ahmed because they all members and they took part in election properly but mr vulcan is right brother ahmed is trouble making. Thank you brother aftab you saying right that even if you don't agree with commette but still better to join stta, and they did win a democratic way. sorry for long time no post on this website.

fairway1

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan Wed 28 May 2008 - 4:46

Just in reply Mr Ahmed I am aware that the STTA represent a minority of drivers, but they represent drivers and there is nobody else to do that. Unless and alternative is set up. Who else can be invited to Council meetings etc i think there is some rule about having fully open constitutions of groups talked to or invited for talks with Council.

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 18:21

Re: South Yorkshire Criminal Justice Board meet with drivers

by Admin Today at 0:19
I thank you sir for the cutesy of a direct reply. I won't go into the closing ranks way of family politics that got the same mambers into the committee. Just to pick a little of how the collusion at the station is working against the drivers at large. We pay the license fee to the LA for the right to ply for hire in the streets of Sheffield. Then we are expected to and indeed some two hundred or so drivers pay again for the same privelage of providing the same service to the members of the public from the rank at the station. The station management recieve the cash from drivers to provide a service to the travelling public in return for a protection of numbers that only this two hundred or so will be allowed to work at the station to the exclusion of more than six hundred other cabbies of Sheffield. The agreement to that effect is with the STTA. The local authority in it's wisdom after pocketing the license fee from every body then provides a feeder rank for the privelaged few to park on council land outside the station thereby colluding with the STTA and the station management to benefit this elite group and in the meanwhile other cabbies are pushed about by the wardens outside Castle House and Balm Green etc, with little amount of work of course not helped by the current economic downturn.
For the rank at the station there has never been a delimitation issue, they are well protected with guaranteed incoms. The lib dems flaunting the virtues of a free market simply turned a blind eye to this particular problem after delimiting and then the labour group simply wanted to keep peace and kept the STTA happy over the years. Now that the Lib-Dems are back again no doubt they would want to keep the hard working group of one that is the STTA quite happy, and the licensing section have little to say on the matter because it might mean having to do something useful for a change. They could have lveraged a concession for a fairer system before offering the feeder rank to facilitate the unfair advantage to the privelaged few. Why can't we expect the licensing board to do the right thing, and why must it be us and them game of demanding and denying before we get anywhere??
I am no organiser sir and perhaps not the leader type and no interest in petty politics of unions and my Punjabi isn't that good either, but even I can see what is fair or not, can you see what my argument with the self serving STTA is?? If so can you suggest what can be done to remedy this issue? I would have thought a fare organisation that represents the interests of all taxi trade would fight for equal rights for all and not perpetuate this sham. That is why on many an occasion I have called the STTA as being the Station taxi trade association. Crying or Very sad
I eagerly awaite your response sir.

Regards

Ahmed

ahmed

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Tue 3 Jun 2008 - 10:37

I agree with most of what you are saying Ahmed but if you need things to change then start to canvas for a change and not simply to bad mouth people. If the guys at Station are looking after their own interests then who can blame them,? Isn't that the way of the world? As you suggest there are over six hundred drivers who are being excludedby the two hundred or so then isn't it about time that forces of democracy gets that sorted?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down