Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the tide turning?

+2
Admin
Aftab
6 posters

Go down

Is the tide turning? Empty Is the tide turning?

Post by Aftab Thu 15 May 2008 - 17:07

Is the tide turning?
In the last couple of weeks drivers have been finding it difficult to sell their cabs. Even with the plate limitation now on we have the speculaters panicking to offload their investments for profit and guess what? Nobody wants them. Razz
One lad ended up selling a 02 reg fpor under ten grand when his asking price was thirteen grand, and many more strugling in the market to keep their cabs going long enough to pass onto someone else.

What are your thoughts?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Is the tide turning? Empty Re: Is the tide turning?

Post by Admin Fri 16 May 2008 - 1:12

It's about time when cracks begin to show and the trade finds it's own level of viability.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zee Fri 16 May 2008 - 14:00

Yes it is true that people are struggling to sell cabs, with this should I say temporary plate limit, but if a definate decison is made, say no plates for 5 years then thats a different story. Very Happy

Zee

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Fri 16 May 2008 - 19:21

I can't see them issuing more plates for a few years to come unless Sheffield goes through a boom time this year, and I don't see that happening either. The plate value is of course whatever a customer is willing to pay and that depends on how desperate they are. It's always been difficult to sell cabs at this time of year but come September then they all come out of the woodwork for Cristmas.

ahmed

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 May 2008 - 2:47

It was the lib-dems who were against limitation and lifted it the last time, and with Lib-Dem control of the council again who knows?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ray Sun 18 May 2008 - 13:08

The price of a plate is only of value to those who are leaving the trade,thats always been the case.I suspect those who are moving to p.h. will continue to 'not be rolling in money'.
I suspect neither is doing great at this time.A time may come again when business is buoyunt but I cant see it happening soon.The best thing to do is maybe ride it out and keep your costs as low as possible.

ray

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by tony Mon 19 May 2008 - 1:02

Good point ray but can't see you lads keep your fuel costs down with such heavy machines you drive, whereas with some of the modern cars like Passat or Pugs your easily doing 50/gallon at weekends. It's all swings and roundabouts with PH paying extra for radio but I'd rather that than sit about all day doing nought on Station.

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum