Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi driver cleared of sex assault and kidnap

Go down

Taxi driver cleared of sex assault and kidnap Empty Taxi driver cleared of sex assault and kidnap

Post by Admin Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 20:41

A TAXI driver has been cleared of kidnapping a female passenger and sexually assaulting her in the back of his cab.
Mohammed Hussain had always denied locking the young woman in his car and claimed that she had propositioned him as he gave her a lift home.
Yesterday it took a jury at Portsmouth Crown Court just over an hour to acquit the married father-of-three of kidnap and sexual assault.
During the three-day trial Hussain told the court that he picked the 20-year-old woman and a friend up from Guildhall Walk in Portsmouth in January of last year.
He said that after dropping the friend home the woman asked him if he was interested in her. The 33-year-old told the jury that he was shocked by the woman's advances but said yes.
He said that she directed him to a quiet place on the seafront, opposite the Royal Marines Museum, where they engaged in consensual sexual activity in the back of the taxi.
Hussain, of Wykeham Avenue, North End, Portsmouth, told the jury that he stopped kissing the woman because he began to think of his wife.
He said he apologised to the woman, got into the driver's seat and drove her home.
When asked by his barrister, William Mousley, during the trial how he felt afterwards Hussain said: 'I felt like I had broken my wife's trust.
'I have never done anything like this before. It was a stupid decision.'
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down