Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a let down?

5 posters

Go down

What a let down? Empty What a let down?

Post by Aftab Tue 4 Dec 2007 - 18:49

*****"post removed by admin"******

I appreciate your sentiments Aftab brother but as we agreed before any posts braking forum rules will be removed, so I hope you understand Wink
If STTA wish to spend members' money and setup a website then it's welcome news, and means I won't have to monitor this as often
Laughing

Regards

Admin
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

What a let down? Empty Re: What a let down?

Post by ahmed Wed 5 Dec 2007 - 7:31

You spoil sport admin. Go on tell us what he said, it's not like him to break any rules, boy must have been good. Was it something to do with racism or did he also say these morons on committee can't read and write and what are they doing there?
If he didn't then maybe he should have lol! they are a waste of money. So how much did the do cost you each then?

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 5 Dec 2007 - 8:27

The grievence seems to have been Hafeas's insistance on having control of the website and Aftab brother thought that is what he was offering him already, and aired oppinions of lack of understanding from the committee. The rules are clear that we do not target individuals as points of discussion but issues so I had to deleat the post. Hope that explains it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Wed 12 Dec 2007 - 17:08

No sir not all you say is factually correct.
1 The STTA seem hell bent on flexing muscle and when they target people on their side it is a surprise. Many important decissions have been made at the Station without consultation with members outside.
2 The STTA looks after the Station members above the interets of the people without station stickers.
3 The STTA is colluding with station management to stop it's own members getting station stickers by restricting numbers, therefore not representing all the members but some favoured only. The council facillitating the conspiracy by offering feeder ranking space on council land outside of the station knowing full well that most sheffield taxis can't use it Why?
4 The STTA has been handling advertising and the station members have been getting almost all of the allocations without any being offered outside
5 The STTA have behaved like a secret society where they wish to control information and keep it's own members ignorant of the truth. and lucky for them that most of their members are actually happy with that. Evil or Very Mad The limitation lie is one example.
6 The STTA (or rather Hafeas) promissed a website two years ago and a monthly news letter two years ago and no website yet and only one newsletter so far. Even then no one can ask questions or criticise the Management Laughing Criticism comes with the job mate.
7 The STTA committee not approachable and in fact I had to ask who was who last week to find out who was representing us. How can they represent us when we don't even see them nor them us?
I OFFERED CONTROL OF THIS FORUM TO THE STTA AND WAS REJECTED IN FAVOUR OF WASTING MEMBERS MONEY ON ONE OF HIS OWN MATES CREATING A WEBSITE. Their choice but our money and we have a right to ask WHY?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fairway1 Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 18:07

If you can do better job then why didnt you stand in election? you shud not make rumors brother it is bad for all trade.

fairway1

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Sun 30 Dec 2007 - 18:21

I can do a better job than those plonkers with one hand tied behind my back. How is that you may ask, well I can read. Cool

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Mon 31 Dec 2007 - 4:16

It would be unfortunate if as a moderator I have to delet a post which I may agree with. Please Ahmed keep the language clean so that we don't have to take any silly actions. There are some good capable people in the STTA and I think fairawy's post was directed at me anyway, so I want to make clear that I support the Association as a representitive body for our trade. As for doing the job myself, that I have done sir, been there and done my bit, and it is a difficult job. I was on the committee for a few years and chaired the Association for a little while in early 90s. The circumstances were very different then and needed simpler solutions, but times have changed now and we need to adapt to the changing world. We can do that better by working together rather than as Hafeas is trying to do with his secret society approach. If I criticise the STTA, it's from a caring perspective than wanting to do it harm. It's not just the ellected body who should do everything for the trade but it's a responsibility of each and every one of us to help improve things, and that is why I say we are on the same side.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 1 Feb 2008 - 11:00

Aftab wrote:No sir not all you say is factually correct.
1 The STTA seem hell bent on flexing muscle and when they target people on their side it is a surprise. Many important decissions have been made at the Station without consultation with members outside.
2 The STTA looks after the Station members above the interets of the people without station stickers.
3 The STTA is colluding with station management to stop it's own members getting station stickers by restricting numbers, therefore not representing all the members but some favoured only. The council facillitating the conspiracy by offering feeder ranking space on council land outside of the station knowing full well that most sheffield taxis can't use it Why?
4 The STTA has been handling advertising and the station members have been getting almost all of the allocations without any being offered outside
5 The STTA have behaved like a secret society where they wish to control information and keep it's own members ignorant of the truth. and lucky for them that most of their members are actually happy with that. Evil or Very Mad The limitation lie is one example.
6 The STTA (or rather Hafeas) promissed a website two years ago and a monthly news letter two years ago and no website yet and only one newsletter so far. Even then no one can ask questions or criticise the Management Laughing Criticism comes with the job mate.
7 The STTA committee not approachable and in fact I had to ask who was who last week to find out who was representing us. How can they represent us when we don't even see them nor them us?
I OFFERED CONTROL OF THIS FORUM TO THE STTA AND WAS REJECTED IN FAVOUR OF WASTING MEMBERS MONEY ON ONE OF HIS OWN MATES CREATING A WEBSITE. Their choice but our money and we have a right to ask WHY?
I have been tempted to ask for a clarification on the STTA website issue but then again it may cause undue concern. I was hoping to put a link to that website from this forum and could have some real substance to discuss but after so many weeks of waiting there is little news on that front. Is there anyone with better links to the inner sanctum of the STTA who can educate us please of reasons for the delay and if at all we could help them with anything at all? I'll be glad to offer asisstance.
The points made above are indeed issues that we should be able to put to the trade and seek answers from the responsible people on the committee. The most important point of all as I see it is the station rank which is divisiding the trade down the haves and have nots lines. The SCC have paid little attention to this issue and nothing will change till someone raises the issue with the council. So who is going to do that? any volunteers?
If Aftab or anyone else is interested in a news letter then this the time to make that effort. Neutral
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What a let down? Empty good news at last!!

Post by Admin Mon 11 Feb 2008 - 20:23

We have finaly got some news on what our official trade website will look like, click on here to go to site cheers

What a let down? Sttawebsitewl8
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Tue 12 Feb 2008 - 4:59

Having clicked on it the first thing I noticed was the flash logo of STTA written in a design of a taxi, going backwards Very Happy Typical.
The site looks good so far with bare minimal info on there but it can only get better, how? I wouldn't hazard a guess Rolling Eyes . Good luck on whoever is designing it because if an organisation has every intention of restricting information and debate as our chairperson claimed, then the poor guy has a difficult job indeed.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Wed 19 Mar 2008 - 2:35

Mr Shakil I point you to this quote in the "what a let down" topic, and this to me doesn't sound like undermining the stta, infact you're looking very foolish for stirring the subject on here.
Aftab wrote:It would be unfortunate if as a moderator I have to delet a post which I may agree with. Please Ahmed keep the language clean so that we don't have to take any silly actions. There are some good capable people in the STTA and I think fairawy's post was directed at me anyway, so I want to make clear that I support the Association as a representitive body for our trade. As for doing the job myself, that I have done sir, been there and done my bit, and it is a difficult job. I was on the committee for a few years and chaired the Association for a little while in early 90s. The circumstances were very different then and needed simpler solutions, but times have changed now and we need to adapt to the changing world. We can do that better by working together rather than as Hafeas is trying to do with his secret society approach. If I criticise the STTA, it's from a caring perspective than wanting to do it harm. It's not just the ellected body who should do everything for the trade but it's a responsibility of each and every one of us to help improve things, and that is why I say we are on the same side.

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum