Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C C T V option in Sheffield

3 posters

Go down

C C T V option in Sheffield Empty C C T V option in Sheffield

Post by Aftab Sun 2 Dec 2007 - 4:55

In a recent discussion on rank and cb about cctv and how we can go down that route, I'd like to kick off this topic with a quote from TDO website:
Taxis wrote:Just to add to this post....

The camera I use at the moment...Works with 7.5v hidden adaptor.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=104962&doy=23m9

Recording Device
Ebay Recording Device

Power adaptor to reduce to 7.5v if needed for the camera
Ebay Adapter

There is other cameras...they all work
Ebay Camera

Note the Ebay links will eventually not work.
But a simple search for mini CCTV will help you.

I have CCTV installed in my taxi and have for a long time.
The fact about CCTV is that you will have evidence in the event you are attacked or assaulted.
It does not stop the actual event happening.
I do agree that it is a great idea to have a system installed and it is very cheap.

I wire all cameras by 12v or reduced 12v to 5v , 7.5v, or 9v with a simple adaptor concealed behind the dash.

There is loads of types and price ranges.
The above is only examples.
My system recorded by a 7.5v IR night camera reduced from 12v with adaptor.
All hidden behind dash casings.
records to a BIG SD card and read on my home PC or TV .
My camera http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=104962&doy=23m9
cost was £24.99
DVR Recorder I used is no longer in Maplins stock but they are getting new more advanced DVR recorders in soon that record direct to there own HDD for approx £50 to £60 per unit. ( Not in stock yet )
Power converters are needed if the voltage is LOWER that 12v so for about £6 -£10 on Ebay you will acquire these no probs.

I have a in-line switch near knee above throttle pedal so I can turn recorder on / off when I choose.

EASY AS THAT

All access points of the vehicle MUST be noticed / marked to the effect ( In car CCTV )...this is law.

As you can see Ebay is a good place to get cheap equipment for this job.
I am trying to strike a deal with a company as we speak for the some Hard drive recorders that store from 2gig to 180gig
Why pay more ?

Regards Steve
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

C C T V option in Sheffield Empty Re: C C T V option in Sheffield

Post by Admin Sun 2 Dec 2007 - 5:12

This topic has been started before in the news section, so before posting just do a quick search of the topic so that we can keep it all tidy Wink https://taxiforum.editboard.com/news-f10/taxi-cab-cctv-declared-a-success-t28.htm

The city Council has a certain criteria that they apply to cctv, and without their consent this isn't going to get you very far. Applying vehicle conditions comes under 1976 act and no matter what those conditions might be they have to be reasonable.

The Data protection agency says that as far as the law is concerned any taxi driver can install cctv equipment as long as it doesn't breach the data protection act.

The problem everyone has is that regardless of what the DPC might say the councils have the last word in what can be added or removed from a Taxi and Private hire vehicle. The only thing they can't do is to stipulate a certain type of manufactured model over another model, but provide a guidance and have the ultimate say so.

Last edited by on Sun 2 Dec 2007 - 12:17; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Sun 2 Dec 2007 - 11:41

Ha ha them were the days. I used a cheap power inverter to run a video recorder off the car battery and by adding camera was able to record eight hours on a four hour cassette by using long play recording. Never got round to fitting it in our taxi before dad sold it. pale I later found out in the old forum that I wouldn't have been able to use it legally anyway, so just as well I suppose.

ahmed

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 5 Dec 2007 - 8:49

I will try and dig out an old email that Clive from Licensing sent to our old forum that had council guidelines, just hope I can find it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down