Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOHN KIRKS FUNERAL

4 posters

Go down

JOHN KIRKS FUNERAL Empty JOHN KIRKS FUNERAL

Post by the cabbie Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 13:07

after hearing that john kirk had died suddenly,i immediately thought of a fitting gesture to such a nice guy.taxi drivers thats the answer,a small group of us could attend the service in a convoy stile to pay our respects all it would take is 30/40 mins of our time,well the majority showed their true colours.the amount that did attend the service you could count on one hand,hats off to you steve pat and john .i gave out over 70 leaflets asking drivers to attend but on the day it came down to a few.shame on you.i keep hearing the over used word,brother is that when it suits use' (brother).

the cabbie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

JOHN KIRKS FUNERAL Empty Re: JOHN KIRKS FUNERAL

Post by john Thu 29 Apr 2010 - 4:30

wot more can you say cabbie / john got a good send of rip .

john

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by hypester Thu 29 Apr 2010 - 14:07

Well it was nice of those who attended but really how many of us really knew John Kirk (drivers).

I respect those who attended, but lets be honest im not bad mouthing someone whos not here.

You wouldnt turn up to someones wedding/funeral if you didnt know them.

Some drivers didnt turn up because they worked, some had commitments (family) and truthully some drivers didnt like him.

Im sure if a driver passed away not everyone would turn up either!!!

Johns gone now lets pray hes gone to a better place and his family is looked after.

Thanks

hypester

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Sun 2 May 2010 - 12:03

I was sorry to hear of John's untimely passing but unfortunately even wishing to attend wasn't enough when faced with gout on the foot and unable to drive for four days. I agree with Hypester there must be hundreds of reasons for some people not attending even when wanting to and there must be equally many more who just don't bother.It's a shame really but that is the divided nature of our trade today, there is no sense of community or of shared interest. everyone doing their own thing. As I said I would have attended if I was mobile on the day, and was sorry that I couldn't be there but  that doesn't mean I or many more like myself didn't appreciate how difficult a time it must have been for John's family and friends.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down