Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parking to pay mi due's

+2
Aftab
sheffdriver
6 posters

Go down

Parking to pay mi due's Empty Parking to pay mi due's

Post by sheffdriver Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 16:45

Ah well the time has come to go and renew my License, I know that 2 things are certain:

1 = I've got to pay my cash
2 = I've got to try and find a parking space

It's a nightmare for everyone to try and get parked near the Licensing Office, and yes I've been told and can actually believe it when Licensing say we used to be able to use the hotel car park thro' the barrier but some "brothers" spoilt it and abused it.

I know it's been asked before but is there anyway we could have use of the loading bay opposite for say maximum of 10 mins without the 'vultures' sorry parking wardens pouncing on us?

Suggestion - now shout me down, but if we have to produce documentation or renew/collect something from Licensing if we could get a receipt timed and signed/initialled by one of the staff stating what time they 1st saw us and then when we left the reception, then any ticket is voided and if you don't do this and not having a valid reason then fair enough, you have to pay up.

Will mention in morning when i go in to see if anything can be set up.

Keep smiling brothers.

sheffdriver

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Back to top Go down

Parking to pay mi due's Empty Re: Parking to pay mi due's

Post by Aftab Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 18:42

Good suggestion, but I think the best compromise already exists, leave your cab on Barkers Pool rank at the back for a few minutes. Paying the call of nature or paying other taxi related dues are surely given some sympathy even by the Parking services?That compromise howver doesn't exist for Private Hire so maybe you could let us know what can be worked out. Laughing
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Licensing Section Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 2:04

There has been a study undertaken about the use of the loading area by permit holders, the permit would be a licence plate, This is being looked at by trade reps,licensing and higways, the other alternative that is being looked at, is the rank in front of the panasonic shop, Pinstone Street.

Its has been suggested by other users of the building and the surrey street (and this is not the view of licensing section) is why are taxi drivers any different from any other customer to the Council and why should they recieve free parking. ???

Give me some good examples and I will use them in the meetings,

Thanks

Licensing Section

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by hypester Thu 15 Apr 2010 - 0:41

Because we pay the council in order to be able to work.

Others are paid by the council to work.

hypester

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 10:40

Taxis should be allowed for the same reason as despite having a bus station the buses are allowed to stop at bus stops and change drivers or take breaks etc, In other words do other things than just pick up passengers and go. Taxis are not just another customer to the council but a council licensed entity that works under the council umbrella, of providing a service on the council's behalf. Taxis are required by law to attend the office within certain time constraints to attend the office for producing documents and payments etc much more than any other customer of the council. We are required to give up our work attend when ordered to, so the least the council can do is facilitate our attending such that we can get back to work as quickly as possible and not spend hours looking for parking spaces and go to show papers that may take mere minutes.

ahmed

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 24 Apr 2010 - 4:51

There was a proposal some time ago to move the Licensing office to somewhere more convenient, what happened to that idea?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Licensing Section Wed 28 Apr 2010 - 3:18

That is an ongoing situation we are currently moving directorates from Legal to a Place, It may be that with this move a physical move of the section may come after that.

Licensing Section

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down