Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus Station

3 posters

Go down

Bus Station Empty Bus Station

Post by TX1an Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 11:54

Has anyone purchased a Bus Station permit? I have kept looking but have not noticed anyone on there. Though I do know some have joined (will they after April when it's £160)
My point is WHY should we pay? if we are using any facilities then yes but!!! A little paint! and then what? Charges for the Hospitals,Hotels Football grounds etc etc etc and before you know it The Town Hall will be making a fortune out of us for doing nothing.
Rolling Eyes

TX1an

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Bus Station Empty Re: Bus Station

Post by stf Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 12:27

This is something which the town hall should be seeking to improve the taxi service for the public force establishments to provide taxi ranks on their grounds. If they can force businesses to add ramps to shop entrances and other facilities to make life easier for the public then taxis are also a part of making life easy for the very same public. Just a thought Wink

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by TX1an Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 14:40

Aftab and me actually went to a meeting at the town hall and was told by the chief planner that it was going to be in the plans for all new hotels etc to have provisions for taxi ranks. That was a couple of years ago before the Leopold Square and all the bars on West st and the Carling Academy!... er I think they forgot Crying or Very sad

TX1an

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 16:58

I believe it was Mr Richard Skelton who said so Ian, but to be fair to him the planning of these places mentioned was probably already done by then. Having said that however the planning of the Mrkets and the Moor area doesn't seem to have taken taxis into account either, or have they, does anybody know?
I have seen some lads go into the bus station but can't confirm they had badges or not., but some are using the rank inside the bus station. I agree with sentiments expressed by Mr Stf, taxis in London don't have to pay for any bus or train station ranks and that in stations run by the same people who impose huge fees on drivers here and make out that they'd go bankrupt without the money coming in. It's all about people making a stand on principle, a concept very alien to Sheffield contingent I'm afraid.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down