Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marshalls Minibus

+2
Aftab
TX1an
6 posters

Go down

Marshalls Minibus Empty Marshalls Minibus

Post by TX1an Sun 4 Jan 2009 - 13:08

I noticed Marshalls minibus is still operating from Hillsborough, but now he is operating without a O license so the ministry will not bother with him leaving only the police to bother him and as long as does not speed I don't think they will bother!
Shame init that no one cares until after the accident

TX1an

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Marshalls Minibus Empty Re: Marshalls Minibus

Post by Aftab Tue 6 Jan 2009 - 4:06

I recall Mat from licensing saying that they were doing something about him and although it was expected to take time, but he will be dealt with. Apparently not Crying or Very sad
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan Tue 6 Jan 2009 - 6:42

Looking at the Court List "there is a F Marshall" in the list for Monday prosecution for illegal taxi activity me thinks, according to the General Office. Might have a jog down on Monday and see what occurs.

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by TX1an Tue 6 Jan 2009 - 14:09

Will it be in the main court building? Can anyone turn up? I would like to say cheerio!!!
Sorry to sound dumb never been thankfully

TX1an

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 12:19

Hello everybody!
I have checked with someone and been told it is open to anybody to attend the court to see what happens.

stf

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Thu 8 Jan 2009 - 16:53

I second that! Hello to you too Mr Stf and thanks for dropping by. I confirmed the same fact with Mat from licensing and he will be there too in a different capacity. I was told that anybody interested can come down providing not too many drivers turn up, which I doubt anyway. Marshall's minibus is well known by taxi drivers but as always not many are prepared to do anything about his activities, except for Ian that is. Smile So 10 o' clock Monday morning.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TX1an Sun 11 Jan 2009 - 15:35

I Don't think I can take the credit for this? Old Polish proverb "Dont piss a licensing officer off while he's having a pint" Very Happy

TX1an

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 5:24

I believe the result was Gulity of plying for hire without a licence but I dont think teh driver turned up so he will be sentenced later, can any one clear up why he didnt get an no ins conviction as well. Maybe Matt from Licensing may be able to help on that. NIce to see an officer who can have civil conversations with the trade, maybe we should allow him to have a account on here or some part where licensing can tell us what is happening etc,

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Tue 13 Jan 2009 - 17:08

That is good news.

stf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 13:10

Mr Marshall was prosecuted for his transgressions, but on Monday he failed to turn up at Court. He was found Guilty of I think using his van as a taxi without the appropriate license. He will be sentenced at alater date. It is a result of sorts but could have been better, so it remains to be seen if an example is made of him for others or just a slap on the wrist. I have to admit that our licensing officers did what they could, and were in attendance as witness to confirm that Marshall does not hold any licenses with our local authoruty to work here as a taxi.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony Wed 14 Jan 2009 - 18:04

Is this that white Trani that works about on hillsbrough corner bringing them into town and takes them back again? If it is you'l never stop him, he's got his regulars that won't go with anybody else.

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TX1an Fri 16 Jan 2009 - 10:19

Spoken like a true PRIVATE hire driver "Never mind the law it's his regulars" Why can't he obey the law like the rest of us? is he so special?

TX1an

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Fri 16 Jan 2009 - 10:57

I think we ought to waite for the decission on punnishment to see if all the efforts of so many people have been worth it. Marshall is however damaging both Pirate Hire as well as the Hackney trade so an enemy of both really.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Sat 17 Jan 2009 - 6:30

Marshall is danmaging who Aftab? Laughing I like

stf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Fri 23 Jan 2009 - 9:09

stf wrote:Marshall is danmaging who Aftab? Laughing I like
All of taxi trade!! Laughing

Update from Mat at licensing is that he will be sentenced on 9th Feb'09 (court 1, Sheff Magistrates), simply because he wasn't in court when found guilty. The chap has little regard for the law and most believe it's not the last we've seen of Mr Marshall.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 1 Feb 2009 - 9:06

We have recieved messages from a number of collegues who were working over the weekend that Mr Marshall has been working his minibus over the weekend. On one occasion some drivers even blocked him in and called police on him. He was spoken to by the Police, but he was reported to be working from Hilsborough even after that.
The police are asking drivers not to take the law into their own hands but report jis activities to the police instead. He will be dealt with but of course it will take time, and a concerted effort by you lads on the road.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stf Sun 1 Feb 2009 - 9:28

What can we do as drivers? Whatever we do will be regarded as illegal by the police, like obstructing him or harassment, or if someone drags him out to have a quite proverbial word in his ear. Best to avoid a situation yourself, it simply isn't worth it, especially when you know that once things go wrong, you really are on your own. The police or the people who deal with minibuses from Leeds should be sorting this out.

stf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Tue 3 Feb 2009 - 16:12

He is up in court this Monday for sentencing remember, so watch this space.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Tue 10 Feb 2009 - 14:47

He didn't turn up again at the court, so the case it's been put off till another day, yet again. Crying or Very sad
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down