Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi man banned for drink-driving

2 posters

Go down

Taxi man banned for drink-driving Empty Taxi man banned for drink-driving

Post by Aftab Sat 17 May 2008 - 21:39

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7404943.stm

A taxi driver has been banned from the road after being caught at more than double the drink-drive limit.

George Graham, 61, was stopped by police in April at the start of his morning shift. He did not have passengers with him at the time.

Graham, from Perth, had been given a licence to work as a cabbie despite having a previous conviction for drinking and driving.

Sentence has been deferred until next month for background reports.

'Serious matter'

Graham has been banned in the meantime.

He had admitted the offence, which was committed on 20 April.

Graham told Perth Sheriff Court: "I regret that I did it but it is just one of those things. I am not working now.

"I was just starting my shift. I felt OK. I have got nothing to say."

Fiscal depute Lucy Keane said: "It was 10am on a Sunday morning and the police were advised that the accused was using a vehicle under the influence of alcohol."

Sheriff Michael Fletcher told Graham: "You have got a previous conviction for drink-driving and you were just starting a taxi shift.

"While the drink-driving conviction you have is quite a long time ago, the worrying thing is you were about to start a taxi shift. I think that's a serious matter."
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

Taxi man banned for drink-driving Empty Re: Taxi man banned for drink-driving

Post by Admin Sun 18 May 2008 - 2:44

Aftab wrote:

Sheriff Michael Fletcher told Graham: "You have got a previous conviction for drink-driving and you were just starting a taxi shift."
This is what surprised me, some people never learn. Rolling Eyes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down