Sheffield Taxi Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Sheffield Taxi Forum
Sheffield Taxi Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STTA website

+2
Admin
Aftab
6 posters

Go down

STTA website Empty STTA website

Post by Aftab Thu 15 May 2008 - 16:53

Whatever has happened to the STTA website?
The link takes you to a log in dialogue box and there is no option to register, so does anyone know why all the effort to setup a site has fizzled out?
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2007-03-09

Back to top Go down

STTA website Empty Re: STTA website

Post by Admin Fri 16 May 2008 - 1:21

The STTA website is a matter for the STTA and because of their sad reaction to this forum, it wouldn't be wise to discuss their problems here. Most of the people are working taxi drivers and if they can't get a website going then where is the surprise? They may be capable but simply don't have time to keep updating the thing so they seem to have locked it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

https://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Fri 16 May 2008 - 8:18

All is well and the STTA website is back on line apparently, but as per normal with little content other than the usual self praise.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Sat 17 May 2008 - 21:22

One of my pet hates is this bunch of self serving ess titty aae Laughing I looked on their website and this is one page that sums up how informative they are, and this is under the heading of "What our members say" of course without names Rolling Eyes (my words in red)
What our members say:

STTA Membership is more than just an information source. Members are making a difference by getting involved and sharing their experiences.

Member A concludes, "I would say membership is very good value. There is so much to gain. No matter how much you think you might be self-sufficient and coping with it all, membership could give you a wealth of information, help and support"
Words of a complete m**** and an absolute member, what is there to gain from stta, and just because he doesn't know much why does he assume everybody else is as thick as him? Wealth of information like mis-information about plates and the latest news on their website which happened two monts ago, wealth indeed, Very Happy
Member B has been an active member within committee throughout his working life, and has made the most of the opportunity to speak up for others. “I have faced politicians and councillors. It was a challenge at first, but I enjoyed it. I found being a member of the committee very interesting.” Member B doesn't like sharing his wonderful experience with anyone outside of the station and is keen to be known only as a member B, no name just a member.

Member C feels that being an STTA Member also enables him to make a difference. He explains, “I think people should all have the opportunity to have their say in STTA. It is not enough for Management committee have their say, as a member my views are be listened to; The membership views are not listened to, infact they are deliberately ignored, and if like when Aftab offered to help the ess titty aae, they (the fat controller) even bad mouthed all our forum membership for talking bullsh!t.

Whatever the views or interests of members, what unites STTA Members is they want to be in the know and make a difference. It's up to individuals how involved they want to be. You can only get involved if you join and it does not matter how loud you shout from the outside of the STTA we are here only to represent the views and interests of the members.Most of our forum members are also members of STTA and even after invitation to post on here none of the MANAGEMENT have bothered to make an effort, and I hope the invite no longer stands and we can pull there loosers up critically on things they don't but should be doing.

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Sat 17 May 2008 - 21:44

Have you had a bad night?? Laughing
Strong laguage indeed but I couldn't comment either way, I hope Admin makes the right decision for freedom of speech the way Mr Shakil's post was left on here.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 18 May 2008 - 3:02

Gosh ! was the work that bad last night?
I'm sure on reflection you may realize that they are not that bad realy, and your outburst may be unwaranted. Maybe someone with opposing viewpoint could defend the stta, otherwise it's all too one sided.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tony Mon 19 May 2008 - 1:06

Why not join the Private Hire and Hackney union instead of the one your unhappy with? It's just that as a all inclusive union surely would have more impact than what's happening now with council able to divide and rule. Plus youd be rid of some of the people you complain about.

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Mon 19 May 2008 - 16:23

We don't want to get rid of people tony but simply want them to change working practices to make it an inclusive rather than an exclusive setup.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 20 May 2008 - 17:53

I am reliably informed that the stta website will be updated regularly, and as with any new setup you're bound to get some teething problems.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fairway1 Wed 28 May 2008 - 2:05

stta website a lttle bit slow but they working to improve it

fairway1

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Sun 1 Jun 2008 - 16:18

Indeed it is a bit slow but that isn't the site but the people who are supposed to be updating it. I asked Hafeas about it and was told that the chap who was preparing it had a bereavement in the family wich affected how much time he could give in finishing it.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmed Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 18:48

They are still trying to find someone who can read and write and as soon as they do the'll send him on an all expenses paid computer course and as soon as he finishes that he'll do their website..................................................... in his spare time. Laughing

ahmed

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by waheed Tue 3 Jun 2008 - 7:12

Stta web site was built by a student free of charge you can,t get more then this free of course

waheed

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Aftab Tue 3 Jun 2008 - 8:30

A bit like our lad "Admin" although he's not a student but does give his time free, and I am grateful for his devotion.
Aftab
Aftab
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum