Sheffield Taxi Forum

nvq

Go down

nvq

Post by john on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 3:32

ive been told city cars and mercury drivers are doing nvq for free at the park in /what about us i rung them and have had no reply seems there must be getting funding from some where us/last to know as usal/any one know anything pig

john

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: nvq

Post by Admin on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 3:41

Over the past discussions we have had roumors and so on but no one approached cab drivers on the ranks for this. I wonder if vulcan or Aftab may have a pointers on who may be contacted over some training and we could organise a class for our cab drivers also?
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 496
Registration date : 2007-03-08

View user profile http://taxiforum.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 5:18

Has anybody thought of contacting the two companies and see who is providing their training and then getting in touch directly with the training company involved, all i do know on the subject is that the NVQ is not currently compulsory, but may come in the future who knows it has been introduced elsewhere, AT present i know that if you are currently licenced(working ) then the btec nvq is free and the costs are met out of Government Train to Gain initiative

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by john on Mon 14 Jul 2008 - 8:56

i did ring them not got back to me/ two weeks ago/ tryed today no joy

john

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vulcan on Thu 17 Jul 2008 - 9:36

Having just spoken to Taxi Licensing I have heard that there are people out there scarmongering about this nVQ stuff being compulsory for all drivers ans that you may lose your badge if you do not take this NVQ. The Licensing Section have stated to me that this is not the case, they say that a report (public) will go before the licensing board in August about the training that is available to drivers, there is no officer recomendation on the report which states that this should be brought in. The report I believe will be available from the website at least 7 days prior to the hearing.

vulcan

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tony on Thu 17 Jul 2008 - 12:10

Is there a proposal to make it a condition of license for the new drivers at all? From reading up on this subject the training isn't even relevent to our trade, how is that going to improve things?
If it was training on how to secure wheelchairs and your and customer rights and so on then it'd make a difference but checking spelling is neither here nor there. The council seems to have got the right approach on this one methinks.

tony

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by john on Fri 18 Jul 2008 - 7:25

thanks vulcan for that i think everyone does have to take it eventuly/to do with disabled/comes into force 20010 i think cheers

john

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum